• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

“Go Huskers” from an Alabama fan....

alabamahusker

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
51E82834-7ABF-4C57-BE91-74BFDB6FBC62.jpeg

I got this picture / message Friday from a dear friend and although she is an Alabama fan and I hate them with a passion, I didn’t but post then.....
Nervous..
Felt I may “jinx” us
Etc...
But now all is well, at least for this week. I have run into untold folks down here and during my travels since the season. Some are lifelong friends, others I have never seen before in my life, and others who just see my vehicles plastered with Husker stuff, or see me wear the Red N religiously no matter what.

But all, to a T, have had the same message.
Be patient.
You have the right guy..
We need Nebraska back....

Including and especially, the older gentleman manning the counter at the security checkpoint who motioned me away from the elevator the other day. A diehard Bama fan who was in the stands when “Devaney gave The Bear his worst whippin ever....” And as he said, “Nebraska huh.... hang in there son, you all have a good one. Tell your people to be patient”.

I smiled and said, “yes sir” and GBR!

And while it has been painful so far, though Saturday was joyous on so many levels, I have said the same to all....Yes, I do believe we have the right coach and yes, I think we will be back in the future.

Always with a close to the conversation with a big ol’
Go Big Red !!!

Last edited:

Thanks for the post. Interesting to get the perspective from others in successful programs. By the way I can't see anybody touching Alabama this year, like them or not.
I am looking forward to J. Burrow and LSU pulling out a can of whoop-stuff in two weeks!

That only means we'd have 2 SEC teams in the playoff! Heck I bet Alabama loses to LSU and Auburn and still makes the playoffs!

I am looking forward to J. Burrow and LSU pulling out a can of whoop-stuff in two weeks!

That only means we'd have 2 SEC teams in the playoff! Heck I bet Alabama loses to LSU and Auburn and still makes the playoffs!

LSU is too one dimensional. I think Bama wins going away.

View attachment 18283

I got this picture / message Friday from a dear friend and although she is an Alabama fan and I hate them with a passion, I didn’t but post then.....
Nervous..
Felt I may “jinx” us
Etc...
But now all is well, at least for this week. I have run into untold folks down here and during my travels since the season. Some are lifelong friends, others I have never seen before in my life, and others who just see my vehicles plastered with Husker stuff, or see me wear the Red N religiously no matter what.

But all, to a T, have had the same message.
Be patient.
You have the right guy..
We need Nebraska back....

Including and especially, the older gentleman manning the counter at the security checkpoint who motioned me away from the elevator the other day. A diehard Bama fan who was in the stands when “Devaney gave The Bear his worst whippin ever....” And as he said, “Nebraska huh.... hang in there son, you all have a good one. Tell your people to be patient”.

I smiled and said, “yes sir” and GBR!

And while it has been painful so far, though Saturday was joyous on so many levels, I have said the same to all....Yes, I do believe we have the right coach and yes, I think we will be back in the future.

Always with a close to the conversation with a big ol’
Go Big Red !!!

I don't know, looks like a plane with problems.........

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back