• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked â€˜That's awesome' said mother of Givens Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
I thought we had a real good shot of landing Price before the visit....this might have sealed it...

‘That's awesome'

The first official visits of the season brought to Lincoln two prospects already committed to other schools.

Four-star tight end A.C. Leonard, a Florida pledge, and Rice commit Givens Price were on hand to see Nebraska take on South Dakota State.

They got the grand tour, heading into the Husker locker room with NU commits Daniel Davie, Zach Sterup and Ryne Reeves just before the Tunnel Walk.

If the reaction of Price's mother was any indication, consider the trip an eye-opener. Following the introduction of starting lineups on the stadium video boards, she turned to those around her and said, “That's awesome.â€￾

Leonard and Price hold offers from Nebraska. Leonard, who has been committed to Florida for nearly a year now, is planning an official visit to defending national champion Alabama next weekend. He also holds offers from Louisville, Miami and Tennessee.

Nebraska's next home game, an Oct. 16 date with Texas, is expected to be the major recruiting weekend for NU.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100925/BIGRED/709259760/-1#nu-sdsu-from-the-sidelines

I wish Texas was going to be undefeated (us too!) for that game. A closely fought game between schools at the top - with us winning of course, would have been very impressive.

Great story! I will have to watch for this kid to see how he develops and what his college decision is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back