• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Zero-for-spring game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's safe to say the Spring Game weekend helped land commit Spencer Tears today. It will also have an impact on the decisions of many others that visited. Time will tell how many.

I almost feel sorry for DJ Beavers, and kids that are highly ranked that have been here and haven't committed yet . Our class is over half full which means we are just going to be full court pressing guys we really like. I bet that kid will feel no shortage of "love" from Nebraska as our 9 coach limit to recruit will be honed in on the guys we really like. Before, when we would sit at 7 or so going into the fall we would still have 15 or so spots left, which means one coach per 2 commits (for a ratio). Now, each coach is responsible for one commit (it won't work that way, but from a resource allocation stand point).

The spring evaluation period has begun, so you can bet our 2015 commits will get a ton of stop bys by our coaches to help keep their verbal solidified until signing day. Ron Brown's job is done for his position, and though he has an area he is responsible for, he could literally just go down to Louisiana and visit Bussey every week.

Other thing to watch for, I bet in the next couple months we extend a ton of offers to 2016 kids and try to get some of them up to our camp. It is so important for us to utilize our early momentum to get a head start on the 2016 class.

I almost feel sorry for DJ Beavers, and kids that are highly ranked that have been here and haven't committed yet . Our class is over half full which means we are just going to be full court pressing guys we really like. I bet that kid will feel no shortage of "love" from Nebraska as our 9 coach limit to recruit will be honed in on the guys we really like. Before, when we would sit at 7 or so going into the fall we would still have 15 or so spots left, which means one coach per 2 commits (for a ratio). Now, each coach is responsible for one commit (it won't work that way, but from a resource allocation stand point).

The spring evaluation period has begun, so you can bet our 2015 commits will get a ton of stop bys by our coaches to help keep their verbal solidified until signing day. Ron Brown's job is done for his position, and though he has an area he is responsible for, he could literally just go down to Louisiana and visit Bussey every week.

Other thing to watch for, I bet in the next couple months we extend a ton of offers to 2016 kids and try to get some of them up to our camp. It is so important for us to utilize our early momentum to get a head start on the 2016 class.

Great point. Our early efforts on the 2015 class are clearly paying off. Making so much progress on that class also means we will have more resources to do the same thing, perhaps even more so, with the 2016 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back