• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Zaire Anderson rated by Rivals: Update: Solid To Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebraska cannot "break even" replacing Lavonte David. Zaire Anderson could/should be a very good player for Nebraska, but Lavonte David is the best LB Nebraska has ever had IMHO.

David is the best LB I have ever seen in coverage. His tackling is off the charts outstanding. I'd like to have seen him blitz more, I think he's really good at that, too. Pretty much impossible to replace.

As a 4-star 5.8 in the JUCO rankings.....:) They rarely if ever rate a JUCO prospect a 5-star...he should be toward the top echelon of the JUCO Top 50 once they update it....:) :)

This could be another LaVonte David....a huge get for the Huskers....:)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Zaire-Anderson-125289

Just watched some film on this guy...he's solid and honestly reminded me of Lavonte David on film. Obviously its all hype at this point, but looks fast, instinctive and willing to play downhill.

Last edited:

David is the best LB I have ever seen in coverage. His tackling is off the charts outstanding. I'd like to have seen him blitz more, I think he's really good at that, too. Pretty much impossible to replace.

Nebraska has had some good LB'ers over the years. Guys like Trev Alberts, Broderick Thomas, Ed Stewart, Demorrio Williams, Carlos Polk, Travis Hill, Barrett Ruud, Terrell Farley.....but after watching all of these guys, I gotta give the nod to Lavonte David. Reminds me of Derrick Brooks both as a collegiate player, and how he played for the Buccaneers. Imagine if David were not a JUCO transfer and was instead a sophomore. The kid would destroy the all-time tackles record for Nebraska and threaten the conference record before he was done.

Nebraska has had some good LB'ers over the years. Guys like Trev Alberts, Broderick Thomas, Ed Stewart, Demorrio Williams, Carlos Polk, Travis Hill, Barrett Ruud, Terrell Farley.....but after watching all of these guys, I gotta give the nod to Lavonte David. Reminds me of Derrick Brooks both as a collegiate player, and how he played for the Buccaneers. Imagine if David were not a JUCO transfer and was instead a sophomore. The kid would destroy the all-time tackles record for Nebraska and threaten the conference record before he was done.

What about Bo Ruud? :) I kid I kid. Bo Ruud was a fine player, but I had a friend who used to get so mad because Bo Ruud would always seem to benefit from someone else's great play. Like he would have fumbles jump into his arms after someone else tracked a play, or he'd catch the world's easiest INT after some lineman contorted his body and leaped 50 inches in the air to tip the ball and Jim Rose would toss to Fiala, "So Aid, what a play!" "you're right Jim, Bo Ruud is just a tremendous athlete. He comes from a long line of Husker greats. He sure is a good un." My body would be apoplectic. hahahaha

Not sure why I shared that here...

Last edited:
What about Bo Ruud? :) I kid I kid. Bo Ruud was a fine player, but I had a friend who used to get so mad because Bo Ruud would always seem to benefit from someone else's great play. Like he would have fumbles jump into his arms after someone else tracked a play, or he'd catch the world's easiest INT after some lineman contorted his body and leaped 50 inches in the air to tip the ball and Jim Rose would toss to Fiala, "So Aid, what a play!" "you're right Jim, Bo Ruud is just a tremendous athlete. He comes from a long line of Husker greats. He sure is a good un." My body would be apoplectic. hahahaha

Not sure why I shared that here...

Not to mention i don't know if he ever tackled someone with his shoulder. Always grabbed them and tried swinging them down.

Thats correct..........unless something has changed I'm not aware of....

I thought I read that was the original plan but his classes are not done until February so he will miss enrolling for spring and be here in June. RR can correct me if I heard that wrong.

Not to mention i don't know if he ever tackled someone with his shoulder. Always grabbed them and tried swinging them down.

We also joked that he must have made some deal the the official stat guy because he'd get a "tackle" when he'd touch a guy who was already on his way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back