• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Zac Taylor to the Bengals

Steelers won’t make a coaching change. 3 coach changes since the ‘70s. Model of stability.

Brown and Bell are divas. Maybe Roethlisberger too. Most teams can only bear one diva. For me Brown skipping the last game of the season is unconscionable. At least Bell gave a seasons worth of pay for what he believes in.

Nevertheless the biggest issue with the Steelers is their aging defense. James Connor and Smith-Schuster are more than adequate replacements. I also suspect Roethlisberger will be back again.

You are likely correct with both Tomlin and Roethlisberger returning next season.

Regarding their defense, they've pretty much moved past their aging veterans. All of their starters are 29 years of age or younger.

Is Big Ben still considering retirement? Is Antonio Brown gone? Le'Veon Bell?

There's some serious issues going on in Steel City.

I'm beginning to think Mike Tomlin needs to be gone.

As crazy as it seems, the Cleveland Browns are poised to rise to the top of that division. Maybe only the Ravens stand in their way.

This. It may be a good time to take the Bengals job with the Steelers in decline and the Ravens stagnant.

This. It may be a good time to take the Bengals job with the Steelers in decline and the Ravens stagnant.

I do think the Steelers are in decline.

Not sure what to think about Baltimore. Their future completely hinges on the development of Lamar Jackson -- and he has a long ways to go to become a competent passer. But yes, "stagnant" might be fair. They did have the #1 defense in the NFL this season, and they are always one of the best defensively -- so you can never really count the Ravens out.

I think with the Bengals it comes down to -- is Andy Dalton good enough. He's not bad. Sometimes he looks really good, other times, he looks like a backup. He's been in the league long enough now. I'm just not sure if he's a true franchise quarterback. Cincy's biggest issue is defense. They were last in the NFL defensively. That's going to be a huge issue to address in the draft and free agency.

But again, I think the team of the future -- maybe as soon as next season -- is Cleveland. Baker Mayfield is the real deal -- finally for the Browns. Nick Chubb is a stud RB. Myles Garrett is looking like a star at DE. They have a lot of solid receiving targets -- but I don't know that they have a true #1 WR yet. I won't be surprised if the Browns are tabbed to win the division by many in the preseason.

But again, I think the team of the future -- maybe as soon as next season -- is Cleveland. Baker Mayfield is the real deal -- finally for the Browns. Nick Chubb is a stud RB. Myles Garrett is looking like a star at DE. They have a lot of solid receiving targets -- but I don't know that they have a true #1 WR yet. I won't be surprised if the Browns are tabbed to win the division by many in the preseason.
i think a lot depends on their coaching transition. Is Kitchens good enough to be a HC? What are they going to do defensively? Kitchens was chosen because they want stability with Mayfield. But is he good enough?

I still think next year a 9-7 record wins the division with all four teams having a shot.

i think a lot depends on their coaching transition. Is Kitchens good enough to be a HC? What are they going to do defensively? Kitchens was chosen because they want stability with Mayfield. But is he good enough?

I still think next year a 9-7 record wins the division with all four teams having a shot.

Will be interesting to see if Freddie Kitchens can be a solid head coach. I don't know. But he obviously made a huge difference the second-half of this season when taking over as OC. 2-5-1 before Kitchens, 5-3 after. I definitely understand Cleveland giving him a shot. They do need help defensively though, as you say.

Their future completely hinges on the development of Lamar Jackson -- and he has a long ways to go to become a competent passer.
Do you think that he's tough enough to hold up in the NFL, long term? There are so few QBs who seem capable of handling the physical side of the game, week after week, even after the rules changes to protect them. LJ seems like an Italian race car: unstoppable when everything is clicking, but just wait, and the clicking won't be so good.
but I don't know that they have a true #1 WR yet
Isn't it fair to say that a top-end WR might be the easiest offensive piece of the puzzle to get, either through free agency or drafting? I'd rather be looking for a WR than a top-level QB, RB, or OT.

Isn't it fair to say that a top-end WR might be the easiest offensive piece of the puzzle to get, either through free agency or drafting? I'd rather be looking for a WR than a top-level QB, RB, or OT.
I would never draft a RB in the 1st round ... even if a transcendent talent like Gurley were available. How does CJ Anderson run for 100+ yesterday? Kamara was a 3rd round pick, right? Denver's leading RB was undrafted this year, right?

In my view top tier WR's are hard to find. Many WR are who they because of their QB - MThomas/Brees - DAdams/Rodgers but I think the elite ones are harder to find then RBs.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/...edskins-bill-callahan-bengals-rams-news-coach

Remember, where there's smoke there's fire.

And where there's a hillbilly throat, there's a Bill Callahan to slash it.

d7LZ49AfsadD64hSQqW9oCdLiwi52PaSamnpkvn7usAr46zgY1xqgtixBQhY6Mv0rNJZHgSIe1nH6Dd_ezEq3uTqZnPF6-hEBkd3oNoI1BRQ9arb=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back