1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Zac Taylor to the Bengals

Discussion in 'Football' started by HoustonHusker, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Big Burruss

Big Burruss Travel Squad 5 Year Member

The Bengals have a veteran, serviceable QB in Andy Dalton and good to great talent in many spots (AJ Green, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Tyler Eifert). They are at least on par with the rest of the AFC North (Bengals were 6-10; Ravens won the division at 10-6, Pittsburg 9-6-1 and Browns 7-8-1; the Bengals lost 4 games by a TD or less) and could be an instant playoff team. Zac needs to hire good assistants and he should be fine.

2. Scott in NY

Scott in NY Recruit

As a lifelong Steeler fan, I forgive you lol

the fountainhead and bilsker like this.
  3. Scott in NY

Scott in NY Recruit

Guy LaFleur, helluva slapshot!

4. OPHusker

OPHusker Junior Varsity 15 Year Member

Heard a good discussion about what favored Zac was the success that the Browns had this year and the willingness of the Bengals fans to move past the defense focused Lewis regime

5. cthusker

cthusker You talken to me? 5 Year Member

Exactly.... that's why I thought he was better off taking the Bengals offer as opposed to AZ. I realize Bengals are super hungry for making the playoffs and they certain gave Lewis more then enough time imo. I think Zac has an excellent chance at having a very good team in 2 years!

6. cactusboy

cactusboy Heisman 5 Year Member

They have a good 1-2 punch at RB too with 2 young guys in Mixon and Johnson.

7. cactusboy

cactusboy Heisman 5 Year Member

Crazy fast move up the coaching ladder. A few used to say he was only getting his gigs because of nepotism...nice to finally see that be put to rest. Hope he turns out to be more of a Sean McVay and not so much Lane Kiffin. :)

8. Red October

Red October Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

I don't think Az is as bad as their record shows. Lousy coaching for sure and they have to replace Fitzgerald this year..I do like Mixon at running back and Dalton at QB, Zac will turn the Bengals into the Rams of the east, that is if they are really going to hire him. Oh by the way, Taylor was Callahans man. LOL

9. N2FL

N2FL Travel Squad 10 Year Member

Articles:
    Waiting to see him hire Bill Callahan as OC

:Computer:

DuckTownHusker likes this.
  10. FullbackTrap

FullbackTrap Red Shirt 2 Year Member

I am a Steeler fan, but hope Zac does well in Cincy.

the fountainhead likes this.
  11. Lavaman

Lavaman Rebel Scum 5 Year Member

Hopefully Mixon stops punching the opposite gender

12. HuskerWeatherman

HuskerWeatherman Husker Fan 15 Year Member

Is Big Ben still considering retirement? Is Antonio Brown gone? Le'Veon Bell?

There's some serious issues going on in Steel City.

I'm beginning to think Mike Tomlin needs to be gone.

As crazy as it seems, the Cleveland Browns are poised to rise to the top of that division. Maybe only the Ravens stand in their way.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Rainbow Dash and DuckTownHusker like this.
  13. NUinID

NUinID Red Shirt 2 Year Member

Good for him he was a bright spot for 2 years at Nebraska. He was a gutsy super competitor, I hope he does well.

Trojan Husker likes this.
  14. wcbsas

wcbsas All Legend 15 Year Member

Steelers won’t make a coaching change. 3 coach changes since the ‘70s. Model of stability.

Brown and Bell are divas. Maybe Roethlisberger too. Most teams can only bear one diva. For me Brown skipping the last game of the season is unconscionable. At least Bell gave a seasons worth of pay for what he believes in.

Nevertheless the biggest issue with the Steelers is their aging defense. James Connor and Smith-Schuster are more than adequate replacements. I also suspect Roethlisberger will be back again.

15. EastOfEden

EastOfEden Red Shirt 10 Year Member

Lots of gambles on young guys in these coaching changes. Many good corrdinators were jumped over even when they had had success because they wern't from the right new tree. Not sure Z had earned his spurs yet, but we'll see. I think mistakes are being made.