• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo Penguinis

I've learned quite a bit. Apparently if you're a "new guy" you don't get the same treatment as posters with seniority.

As a "new guy" you can be called a douchebag and a moron with no repercussions to the poster (whom Red Reign likes) making a personal attack. Yet if you rightfully accuse a poster of being a Riley apologist you get publicly admonished on the board and threatened with a suspension.

Speaking if which, if you want to keep board moderation to PMs, maybe you should take your own advice or change board rules (whatever those are) and keep that private. If you want to put people on blast publicly then you should answer moderation questions publicly.

So, along that line....why did you make a false statement about me and gave me a vacation saying that I somehow attempted to bypass the language filter when I did no such thing? On the contrary, the board filtered out one of my comments, so with respect to the board and it's arbitrary rules I changed my comment to fall in line with what is supposed to be appropriate.

Which is odd because I see other posters using the terms "pissing" and "bitching" occasionally without repercussion.

I am going to put you on Vacation and deal with David Max on this as he is also concerned with your behavior on this board.

Frankly this sort of post is not going to help your cause.

RR

Last edited:

Back on topic... HNC... YSU was down 14-7 with 1 min to go in the first half and playing tough. I had it streaming on my sidewall projector in the man cave but was only checking it when we were on commercial break.

Looks like YSU did about as well as Tennessee did vs the Mountaineers... The Vols gave up 8.96 yards per play and YSU gave up 8.33 yards per play. Vols were down 13-7 at the half and the Penguins were down 21-7 (WVU score TD with under a minute to go). Vols gained 301 yards (4.77 ypp) and the 'Guins 293 yards (4.88 ypp)

Pretty much what was to be expected... West Virginia looks like a whale of a ball club.

Back on topic... HNC... YSU was down 14-7 with 1 min to go in the first half and playing tough. I had it streaming on my sidewall projector in the man cave but was only checking it when we were on commercial break.

Looks like YSU did about as well as Tennessee did vs the Mountaineers... The Vols gave up 8.96 yards per play and YSU gave up 8.33 yards per play. Vols were down 13-7 at the half and the Penguins were down 21-7 (WVU score TD with under a minute to go). Vols gained 301 yards (4.77 ypp) and the 'Guins 293 yards (4.88 ypp)

Pretty much what was to be expected... West Virginia looks like a whale of a ball club.

WVU looked real good against Tennessee.

The 52-17 loss could very well be another moral victory.

I wouldn't want to face WVU.

Last edited:
YSU should get a much needed win next week. They're facing Valparaiso, another team that does not offer football scholarships.

YSU suspends assistant football coach following domestic violence investigation

Youngstown State University assistant football coach will miss a third game as he carries out a five-day suspension following an internal investigation into alleged domestic violence.

Co-defensive coordinator Richard McNutt was ordered to spend five days on unpaid suspension, beginning September 10th.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/39069345/...ach-following-domestic-violence-investigation

Howard is the Harvard of Traditionally Black Colleges and Universities. African American parents consider it a real victory to get their kids in there. Caribbeans, and Africans, Mortgage their families future to send their kids to Howard. Where I live in PG county just about every dentist is from Howard. (Including mine.)
One of my first bosses was an (US born) Engineer who went to Howard - he pointed out that a very big percentage (~40%) were international students. Funny story, another co-worker roughly between us in age from Iran, took his first English & other prep classes at Howard He spent the first semester there, before going to school in Texas. Anyway, he had assumed all Americans were white until he showed up in the US and went to Howard. The two of them shared the Howard bond. He had gone back to Iran after graduation and worked in the gas industry there, until "the Shah left town"; got the heck out of there ASAP.

Howard is a sort of a Land Grant school for Washington DC.

Last edited:

One of my first bosses was an (US born) Engineer who went to Howard - he pointed out that a very big percentage (~40%) were international students. Funny story, another co-worker roughly between us in age from Iran, took his first English & other prep classes at Howard He spent the first semester there, before going to school in Texas. Anyway, he had assumed all Americans were white until he showed up in the US and went to Howard. The two of them shared the Howard bond. He had gone back to Iran after graduation and worked in the gas industry there, until "the Shah left town"; got the heck out of there ASAP.

Howard is a sort of a Land Grant school for Washington DC.
Yep. A very good school. Know a lot of graduates from there.

Uh oh, Bo bo.

One magical season in Bo's second season (2016). Otherwise, 2015, 2017, and 2018 (thus far) combined ... 11-12.

Best prove 2016 wasn't too much of an anomaly.

Interesting... Bo's best season at YSU was his second. Bo's best season at NU was his second.

If I were to take a snap assumption I’d say his schemes after learned by the team (hence year two) are unique and cause training confusion for opposing teams but either he has difficulty recruiting or he can’t provide variety to the schemes and once opponents find the weaknesses there is no way to fix the leak. Interesting nonetheless!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back