• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Youth and Nebraska

Having experience at the O-line, D-line and QB are probably most important IMO. NU has all of this to some extent. Lee has not started a game at Nebraska but he does have 19 career starts and that has to count for something.

O-line returns 4 guys for sure with at least 4 starts and maybe another Conrad at center with 3-4 starts. I do believe that Stolt and Freedom started all last year and the Davis twin slated to start has a couple of starts.

I understand the total loss of production at the skill spots is what every national guy is worried about, but I think it is way overblown. Ozigbo, Bryant and Wilbon are not true freshman and have played a lot of football. Morgan, DPE, Rahn, Reimers and even the Williams kid have experience catching footballs. Throw in the rFR and incoming Freshman at WR and I think we will find some players.

The TE spot is a little worrysome, but lots of talent and I do feel better after the spring game.

It simply meant that a couple of the most inexperienced teams will likely buck the trend and improve year-over-year -- and listed Michigan as one that could do that. Nothing was said about Nebraska in that manner.

Statistically, 80% of the most inexperienced teams see their win total drop from the year prior.
Should have put ;) next to my original post. If Michigan can buck the trend simply because they recruit young players well, I feel Nebraska is recruiting good young players as well so therefore Nebraska will increase their win total and buck the normal trend. I know Nebraska was not specifically mentioned so I thought I would do it for them.

This team's strength is its youth, talent and enthusiasm. It has just enough experience to go with it, to give even the best teams plenty to worry about. It's gonna be fun!

Last edited:

I guess missing one year out of the past nine has you gun shy...some folks are just feint of heart.

Actually historical success has very little to do with what may happen in the coming season. If it did, the same teams would always win. This team may live up to the past 9 years, but they don't appear to inspire a lot of confidence from people who are paid in some manner to evaluate teams.

The bold is correct and has been proven time and time again.

As for people paid to evaluate they are evaluating on the past not the present thus making the bold even more correct. Easier to do with professional teams where the roster is more consistent and less volatile like college.

Good post.

Actually historical success has very little to do with what may happen in the coming season. If it did, the same teams would always win. This team may live up to the past 9 years, but they don't appear to inspire a lot of confidence from people who are paid in some manner to evaluate teams.

They're paid to evaluate, but they're also paid to draw in readers/viewers/audience. Say something a little titillating, even if it's not entirely accurate, and you get more people clicking, viewing, and subscribing than if you only ever say things that are 100% true.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back