• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Your most satisfying win

I was at the 78 OU game and it was a cold with ice day and the crowd just knew TO was on the verge if getting them off his back. No one left the stadium as it was just one large celebration. Goal post down and carried thru the streets. a new era was born and that is what we need now.

Living here in Missouri with all of the Tiger fans, it has to be 97 Mizzou. Followed closely by 2010 Mizzou. MU fans around here were so arrogant about the Callahan years and riding high about their decent teams, and talked so much trash. The 09 comeback was great, but after they had taken down OU the weel before, when they were #1, they talked all week about how we stood no chance against "mighty Mizzou"...(word for word what they kept telling me). That first play from scrimmage made me grin like I never had before.

Beating Miami For the NC. 4th quarter was fantastic.
That is one of my all time fave games, but it was a bowl/national title game. When Schlesinger scored that go ahead, winning TD, I pulled a muscle in my back from jumping up and down and thrusting my fist in the air like a complete mad man, albeit, one totally happy mad man.

!971 Game of the century NU-OU...without question.
Mine, too. It is impossible to state how great that win was. We hadn't gotten as much respect as you'd have thought from 1970. As strong as we were to that date in 1971, there was still the question whether we could win out. Beating OU was huge. I just could not hope beyond hope that we'd win, and when we pulled it off, we all could have died and gone to heaven satisfied our huskers had done it.

Good call. That was probably the biggest hurdle for T.O..

That '83 PSU game was big.
The Halloween beatdown of CU was huge.
I had a bet with my OIC for this game. (The guy was a real tool. I was on Okinawa 365 days and he made us work 363 of them. Only had Christmas and Thanksgiving off.) We were waiting in the shop for it to come on the radio. They announced that they would not play it (it was delayed) because it was such a blow out it would not be entertaining. Then they announced the score. We only bet like $5. He came out of his office threw it at me and said don't say a ------- word then slammed his door. The whole shop laughed cuz we all hated him.

I remember for a couple weeks we played another shop in football after work. He decided the third week that he would come out and play QB. No one blocked for him and it looked like a longest yard dog pile. After two plays he remembered he had something to do for his wife. LOL

I can't even tell you which specific OU vs NU game it was in the late '70s. There would be no west coast broadcast, so I had breakfast and hopped on a flight from SFO to DEN. After watching the NU victory in an airport lounge I caught a flight back to SFO in time for dinner. It was a very satisfying flight home. Sometimes a real fan just has to get away from the distractions.

I've been to a couple bowl games that would usurp the regular season games, but I'll go with the following:

Colorado 1994: I was in high school and my family and I headed down to the field as the students tore down the goal posts.
aTm 1996: I was in college and flew to that game to watch us just annailate them.

Texas 1999: In San Antonio the Texas fans around me were absolutely terrible. We ripped em a new one and they left with their heads down. That was pretty awesome. Lots of their fans talked 'stuff' but we didn't engage and took the 'high road' :)
MSU 2015: The only game I attended that year and it was a good one.

It has to be the 1971 Game of the Century vs OK for me. By far our biggest rival for years in the Big 8. Seems we were fighting every year to see who went to the Orange Bowl and had that shot at being number 1. They had our number for a few years of heartbreaks but the teams never quite till the very end. There were not a lot of games on TV like today. But this game during the Thanksgiving holiday gave the Huskers a chance to play on live TV in front of the whole country......GBR.

The one at Notre Dame, and the bowl game against the same school, and even the games we won in the 20s against the Four Horsemen. I have real troubles with that school ever since that cowardly tie against Michigan State.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back