• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Your most satisfying win

What is your ( non bowl game) most satisfying win. Mine is the 1983 44-7 beat down of Penn State. After the game Joe Paterno said " If it was a fight they would have stopped it..."
I'll second this one. I watched the '78 OU game, but was not old enough to grasp the history and heartbreak of the OU series up to that point. By that '83 Kickoff Classic, I was all N and convinced we were surefire Natl Champs while sporting my Turner Gill jersey.

Last edited:
January 1, 1995. Being down 10-0, after all those bowl losses and near misses. The party afterward in Miami. Honorable mention 1978 Oh Ewe after those near misses. Underrated for me being the Philly boy I am. Going down 14-0 vs the Peds and storming back to beat them 42-17.

It's really, really hard to pick just one game, especially one that wasn't a bowl game. But, I still dig this score here from 1999...
Nebraska 22
Texas 6

I will forever believe that we won the regular season game that year, only to be ref-rolled, but the revenge was sweet.. Texas YOU Texas.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back