• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Your biggest preseason concern for this team

Fans. Ripping on a first time qb starter comprised of players in a first year scheme. Fans. Ripping on a defense that doesn’t quite uphold the total blackshirt tradition, though it’s been absent for a decade and they’d just being shown the way.
somehow i doubt this team / staff will be as sensitive to it as you sound

Last edited:
Unrealistic expectations. I'm going to remind myself to be patient if things are not instantly better than the former regime. Have faith in our new coaching staff. If they exceed expectations this year it's all gravy. GBR!!!

i wonder how much different this will look than last year if we're actually able to put some pressure on QB's. nothing to boost your cover skills quite like a pass rush
Agree...... we could have had NFL quality secondary getting torched last season with our non existent pass rush. Made our secondary look way worse then they were IMO.........

Getting quality QB play from very inexperienced QB's....... Going to require patience from our fans because whomever starts will struggle at times.

NU fans should be used to QB struggles. The QB play will not be where SF and staff want it, but it will be better than many seem to expect. I would agree with the above, the psyche of the players and their ability to bounce back from adversity may be the biggest challenge. (it will be something they haven't done lately)

Too lofty expectations for wins.

I'm OK with expectations for much better football, but am concerned that too many think that will be instantly translated into double digit wins and that they will go sour if it doesn't. Hopefully those in control won't see it that way should that happen.

i wonder how much different this will look than last year if we're actually able to put some pressure on QB's. nothing to boost your cover skills quite like a pass rush
For sure any type of rush will help, but I'm not sold yet on the secondary. Too many different coaches, too many schemes and too many misses over the past few years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back