• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Yori manhandles Doc

Herbie's Daddy

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
After watching the women's game this afternoon vs. Ohio St., I would bet the farm, the the girls would crush Doc's boys. Come on TO, open up that pocketbook.... It is time to step up!

PS...Way to go girls!!!! Keep it up!

Last edited:

Nov. 2010 NU signed a top 25 class that included players from Louisianna, Texas and California. Does connie have access to a private jet?

All 4 freshmen from that class are averaging over 15 minutes a game.

Yeah yeah...I know...women's basketball is different.

Last edited:
After watching the women's game this afternoon vs. Ohio St., I would bet the farm, the the girls would crush Doc's boys. Come on TO, open up that pocketbook.... It is time to step up!

I'm sorry, but no.

As poorly as this team is playing (and as well as the ladies have been doing) in a head-to-head the size, speed, and athleticism of the men would come through.

I do not think Brandon Ubel is a very good D-1 basketball player. But at 6'10" and 235 pounds, he has 7 inches (and probably 50 pounds) over the tallest lady Husker. A post player with that type of advantage should be able to put up 30 points, so Ubel would probably be good for 20, maybe 25. Defensively, the ladies would have to make the boys work for the entire shot clock - lots of ball movement, crisp passing - before draining a good shot. Of course, the longer arms, jumping advantage, and quicker first step of the boys would likely result in blocks, steals, and few offensive rebounds.

In a best of seven, I think the men would win 4-0, maybe 4-1 if the ladies really caught fire from outside.

In a single game, anything could happen, but I'd still take the men and give up 10-15 points.

Heck, I'd take my chances with a line-up of Spencer, Richardson, Ubel, McCray, and Diaz.

Since Jorge-Brian has the bad feet, I'd tell him to set up shop in the paint on defense, and never leave - even when the men are on offense.

I'd take my chances on offense going 4-on-5, feeding Ubel all night long or having Richardson shoot open 3's. Defensively, having a 6'11" shot blocker clogging the lane while Spencer and Richardson pester the ball handlers would lead to a long night for the ladies.

Even the worst Nebraska men's basketball team I've seen in many years (maybe ever) would destroy the women's team by at least 40.

Surely you aren't serious. A good collegiate women's team could not beat a mediocre high school boy's team. There is too much disparity in athletic ability.

Nov. 2010 NU signed a top 25 class that included players from Louisianna, Texas and California. Does connie have access to a private jet?

All 4 freshmen from that class are averaging over 15 minutes a game.

Yeah yeah...I know...women's basketball is different.

That's what I don't get when some claim how tough it is to win at basketball at Nebraska. The Lady Huskers went undefeated in the regular season and finished with a Sweet 16 appearance two years ago. Apparently Connie has Air Force One at her disposal and her assistants must be raking in the dough under Neal Hawks' logic. (IMO, she took over a worse situation than Collier or Sadler. She had only five or six scholarship players in her first season. Amazing.)

Sure, Connie has had the benefit of more in-state talent on the roster, but that only shows that she can sign those players to complement out of state players. Doc and Barry both have let too many in-state players go elsewhere. Granted, none of them were NBA level, but I think all would have significantly improved the roster had they been offered or accepted scholarship offers at NU.

I'm thinking everyone missed the sarcasm.

The top 5 boys H.S. teams in the state would probably trounce the lady huskers.

The Wahoo teams of the early 90s, you mean?

no. I mean the top 5 THIS year.

Central, for example has 6'9" Akoy Agau who will be playing major college basketball next year and sophomore Tra'shawn Thurman (6'6") will will be doing the same in a couple years. Those two and any 3 teammates would decimate the NU women's team whose tallest player is 6'3". There'd simply be no answer offensively or defensively.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back