• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Yesss!!! Awesome News For Breon Dixon...AND for the Blackshirts!!

Does this throw a wrench in it for Dixon?

I really have no other information than what you posted, but I would think that this tweet would be helpful for Dixon to be eligible. The part that talks about "a new amendment to the transfer rule" sounds like something that would also apply to Dixon, and the part "that alleges Patterson was lied to by Ole Miss coaches was withdrawn" sounds like that helps Dixon's case as well since that could have been considered an "isolated" incident that only happened with Patterson.

Somehow I think that Patterson had a good attorney who played the lying allegation to its fine point. Query if Dixon can assemble the same kind of evidence, or if UofM will simply fold immediately and agree.

A joint release issued by Michigan and Ole Miss on Friday afternoon indicated that Michigan filed a new appeal this week in coordination with Ole Miss to center on facts that both schools agreed with. While Ole Miss contested the original application, the joint filing showed support for Patterson's appeal.

NU is hoping to find similar common ground with Dixon’s former school for his appeal. It's part of the reason Nebraska and Dixon decided to wait for the Patterson ruling, giving the school an opportunity to further tailor its course of action.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...c8dda196-5469-52dc-bcb4-5422a1498dfa.amp.html

A joint release issued by Michigan and Ole Miss on Friday afternoon indicated that Michigan filed a new appeal this week in coordination with Ole Miss to center on facts that both schools agreed with. While Ole Miss contested the original application, the joint filing showed support for Patterson's appeal.

NU is hoping to find similar common ground with Dixon’s former school for his appeal. It's part of the reason Nebraska and Dixon decided to wait for the Patterson ruling, giving the school an opportunity to further tailor its course of action.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...c8dda196-5469-52dc-bcb4-5422a1498dfa.amp.html

Excellent. Most discussion on Dixon had centered on him being misled, so I assumed we were relying on that. Sounds like we are playing it well.

I wonder if he will have to hire an attorney also. Pretty sure the U can't provide one.

Not sure about the position of the "NU representative" mentioned in this article, but it does sound like the U has someone involved on Breon's behalf...http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_c8dda196-5469-52dc-bcb4-5422a1498dfa.html

The NCAA on Friday granted immediate eligibility for Michigan quarterback and Ole Miss transfer Shea Patterson, and an NU football official confirmed to the Journal Star that the favorable decision means Dixon’s appeal for the same status will follow, “very, very shortly.”

Last edited:
I wonder if he will have to hire an attorney also. Pretty sure the U can't provide one.
Just for the record. Can we please NOT refer to DONU as "The U". As that particular connotation is normally reserved for that ugly orange and green team in South Florida. Before someone calls me out on this. This is a personal request not me trying to police the board.

Just for the record. Can we please NOT refer to DONU as "The U". As that particular connotation is normally reserved for that ugly orange and green team in South Florida. Before someone calls me out on this. This is a personal request not me trying to police the board.

The U means one thing, "thug U".

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back