1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Year 7: Tim Miles

Discussion in 'Men's Basketball' started by One Hit Wonder, Dec 6, 2018.

1. LarstheRed

LarstheRed Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

Burn? Burn what? If you don’t give factual information, your posts are just garbage. Are telling us that you think winning ‘approximately’ 50% of the time is adequate for a 7th year coach? This debate is not about one game, or one season, it’s based on an accumulation of performances. Are we happy he’s winning? Of course, Tech and Minnie didn’t feel good. But like every game and season, we need to identify our shortcomings and work on them.

2. One Hit Wonder

One Hit Wonder Recruit

Mid-season mark of Year 7 for Tim Miles. One game out of last place with Indiana, Michigan St (×2), Purdue (×2), Ohio St, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Maryland and Minnesota to be played in their last 16 games. Based on what we've seen, is 20 wins even a possibility?

And for those keeping up with the burn factor, Miles winning percentage at Nebraska is a sizzling 51.6%.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  3. Husker Mort

Husker Mort Heisman 5 Year Member

Barely getting past Penn State at home was my last straw. Eager to move on from the Tim Miles era and hope the roster can be kept mostly intact, since recruiting is his obvious strength.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  4. One Hit Wonder

One Hit Wonder Recruit

OK Tim Miles fans, let's hear the excuses as to why TM should be retained beyond this season.

Ackos, LarstheRed and huskermike like this.
  5. eyesonNU

eyesonNU Scout Team 15 Year Member

Not a Miles fan, but maybe we keep him so that all of our attention and efforts can stay concentrated on what's really important. Football.

:Sarcasm:

6. Goal-line

Goal-line Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

Cannot get the effort out of players. Poor rebounding, cannot defend the paint and no consistent offensive scheme. They are a poor “street” basketball team with no direction, purpose or discipline. No mental toughness.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    CrnhskrBob, Ackos, mel4red and 4 others like this.
  7. One Hit Wonder

One Hit Wonder Recruit

The "Launch-a-3" offense would be comical if it wasn't so pathetic.

8. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash It’s one thing to read about dragons... 2 Year Member

The season isn’t over yet? It’s not trending well though.

Ackos likes this.
  9. Goal-line

Goal-line Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

Disagree! Basically, it is over.

CrnhskrBob likes this.
  10. Rainbow Dash

Okay. We got 6 losses. I’m not happy either and would rather purge Miles after the season. But come in, the season is far from over.

CrnhskrBob and huskermike like this.
  11. LarstheRed

LarstheRed Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

You are a good guy, RD, and I'm not done supporting. There are some guys on that roster I want to have some success, and bailing out on them isn't fair. GBR

huskermike and Rainbow Dash like this.
  12. Rainbow Dash

Yeah, we will all support the team. The chips will fall where they may. It’s a good thing that people care. Losses like this are tough and far too common.

huskermike likes this.
  13. redwinghusker

redwinghusker All Big 10 5 Year Member

I'd rather have a hockey team. :wink:

14. Elwood von Kiowa

Elwood von Kiowa Grad Assistant 5 Year Member

I don't expect Nebrasketball to be on the same level as KU, UK, or Duke. But it would be nice to make it past the first round in the tourney once in a while.

The BTN experts had been raving since the start of the season about how good the team was, how we were underrated, etc. Now they talk about our missed opportunities, poor decisions, and poor team play.

After suffering through 14 disappointing seasons of football (disappointing because the team was not playing up to their potential), and then seeing the development under a top coach in 2018...

It gets really frustrating when you see a BB team full of talent, who can't put it all together. And that falls on coaching.

I like Tim Miles; he's a good guy. Mike Riley is a good guy too...

I don't want to start trashing Coach Miles but I sure hope Bill Moos has his house in order.

Ackos likes this.
  15. huskermike

huskermike Cyber Traveler 10 Year Member

I pretty much said the same thing in another post. Heck, I wouldn't mind sitting down and having a brewski or two with him.

Elwood von Kiowa and LarstheRed like this.