• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

XFL Coming Back

Agree protests should be on their own time. So should the NA to be honest.
I don't mind the NA so much, I always stand at sporting events when played. I think we've talked about this before, but while in high school, I pretty much stopped chanting the Pledge of Allegiance sometime around my 8th grade year, as I found it just silly, kind of like most modern religions. I had learned about the term, indoctrination, and that is how I viewed the two things.

Usain Bolt - you know, the guy from JAMAICA - once stopped an Olympic interview with a sideline reporter because they were playing the Star Spangled Banner in the background for another US athlete who had just won a race.

It had nothing to do with America and everything to do with Bolt's sportsmanship and respect for his fellow athletes. That's something whiny boys like Commie Kaepernick could learn while they line their pockets with sacks of money.

Last edited:
I don't mind the NA so much, I always stand at sporting events when played. I think we've talked about this before, but while in high school, I pretty much stopped chanting the Pledge of Allegiance sometime around my 8th grade year, as I found it just silly, kind of like most modern religions. I had learned about the term, indoctrination, and that is how I viewed the two things.
Don't make me post a Stanhope clip in the football room...most here aren't ready for such a thing.;)

Usain Bolt - you know, the guy from JAMAICA - once stopped an Olympic interview with a sideline reporter because they were playing the Star Spangled Banner in the background for another US athlete who had just won a race.

It had nothing to do with America and everything to do with Bolt's sportsmanship and respect for his fellow athletes. That's something whiny boys like Commie Kaepernick could learn while they line their pockets with sacks of money.

Wonder if US athletes did the same for other countries anthems...or is that different?

I remember that and thought it was awesome. I hope other nation's (including ours) athletes did the same.

None of this matters, as the XFL is doomed before it gets started. Like it or not, but if a guy wants to not stand for the National Anthem, it should be his right, however, it should and is the right of that same persons employer to show them the door if they don't comply or like the employers rules. If these guys want to protest, they should do it on their own time. If they do it against their employers wishes, then find another job, it's really just that simple.
Right on

If they allow any post high school football player to sign up. It will be a game changer. All of the non academic qualifiers will have a place to keep growing in the sport. Also, depending on the money the XFL should be able to offer a decent amount for kids that just don't want to do the college path. The longer and more successful the XFL is the more it will disrupt major college football. Imagine kids getting offered 250k a year or more on a 3 year contract to play football. I love football, so the more that I can watch the better.

Wow, some of you are absolutely clueless when it comes to this kneeling thing. I went to war when ordered to do so and I couldn't give a tin crap if they kneel or not. Some of your responses are just too much to even reply to. :rolleyes:

I watched his press conference and the new XFL is... different. They're going for no gimmicks, no sexualized cheerleaders, etc. Just a bare bones version of what football should be. He said that in the two years until game play starts in 2020, they'll be soliciting lots of input from fans and making it a fan-centric league.

It has potential to be interesting. Financially solvent? The jury's still out.

The NFL needs a legitimate competitor to turn from being such a pass-happy, a catch-isn't a catch, National anthem kneeling league.

The NFL went on an international promotion tour about the same time all this kneeling began. I don't know, may it's all a stunt to promote football to anti-America globalization of the game.

Walked a mile in a professional athlete's shoes? No I havent, but Id sure love to.

Basic flag etiquette holds that you stand and show respect during flag ceremonies. Not because of the cloth, but because of who and what it represents.

Wow. You really don't need to say anything more. How embarrassing.

What in the world are you talking about?
This little gem, right here:

Walked a mile in a professional athlete's shoes? No I havent, but Id sure love to.

So, you're under the assumption that these young, black millionaire athletes (let's be honest, that's exactly the target demographic that has folks so twisted up) have been in those circumstances their entire lives? They've never experienced anything that they may feel is still so ******* wrong with this country and feel the need to bring it to light? That...is what I'm talking about. You should probably think this through a bit more before posting again.

Edit: and, they're not disrespecting that piece of cloth that has so many bent out of shape. That is your opinion, not everyone's.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back