• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WSU retrospective article on Moos

Without Moos we well might not have someone named Scott Frost! Think on that for awhile because without SF we are still wandering in the great football desert imo.............

I'll forgive Moos a few missteps because he's done the right things for the future of Nebraska athletics imo...

Last edited:
Without Moos we well might not have someone named Scott Frost! Think on that for awhile because without SF we are still wandering in the great football desert imo.............

I'll forgive Moos a few missteps because he's done the right things for the future of Nebraska athletics imo...

Frost would have been the #1 candidate no matter who was AD. The real reason Frost is here is because Bounds and Green wanted Riley gone. Once Eichorst was fired, no AD was going to keep MR barring a B1G title. You can argue that Moos was able to convince Frost to leave UCF but Matt Davison had a huge hand in getting Frost to jump ship.
Moos is a great fit for NU and I credit him for recognizing his do-or-die target was Scott Frost and going pedal to the metal in pursuing him but if someone else had been in the AD shoes, they'd have done the same thing.

Frost would have been the #1 candidate no matter who was AD. The real reason Frost is here is because Bounds and Green wanted Riley gone. Once Eichorst was fired, no AD was going to keep MR barring a B1G title. You can argue that Moos was able to convince Frost to leave UCF but Matt Davison had a huge hand in getting Frost to jump ship.
Moos is a great fit for NU and I credit him for recognizing his do-or-die target was Scott Frost and going pedal to the metal in pursuing him but if someone else had been in the AD shoes, they'd have done the same thing.
Like Shawn? You and I seldom agree and we're not going to agree on this one either! I believe SF needed the RIGHT AD for him to take the job imo. There are plenty of AD's that I believe SF might well not have wanted to work for. So yes going after SF and getting him convinced to take the position are two different things. SF doesn't work for MD he works for Moos end of story.........

Absolutely Matt Davison knew exactly what it would take to get Frost to leave UCF for Nebraska and Moos offered all of it...he listened to Matt.

Absolutely Matt Davison knew exactly what it would take to get Frost to leave UCF for Nebraska and Moos offered all of it...he listened to Matt.
You think Frost have have come with SE as our AD? I get the impression there is a anti Moos sentiment with some here?

Last edited:

He said he would not. Nobody is saying that he would have.
My point was going AFTER Frost didn't mean you were going to get him?? Right?? So can we agree Moos played a VERY important part of getting Frost to Nebraska? Not every AD could have gotten it done because we know one that could not..... Seems to me like some want to minimize Moos importanace in getting Frost to Nebraska.

Last edited:

Kate Upton has been the #1 candidate of lots of dudes for a while. Even if you talk a good game, have a huge house (in order of course), and a ton of cash, if she smells BS you have no chance.

An AD making SF the #1 target guaranteed nothing.

You think Frost have have come with SE as our AD? I get the impression there is a anti Moos sentiment with some here?
No way Moos should be credited for listening to Davison...other AD’s would have their own guy in mind. Great leaders listen and they surround themselves with good people. Moos and Frost are both leaders Husker fans are fortunate to have both. Davison is doing incredibly good things behind the scenes they’re all unselfish men who care about this program and the young men who play for them.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back