• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wrestling the Loosiers

jacf, curious on your thoughts on Jensen. I've had high hopes for him (as I do for all fellow South Dakotans) but, I feel like there might not be a ton of upside for him. Can you see him developing into a top 10 type wrestler in the future or his he kind of what he is going to be. I long for the days of a solid Heavy Weight that you know can challenge the top guys. All I'm asking for is another Tolly Thompson... that's not asking too much is it? ;)

jacf, curious on your thoughts on Jensen. I've had high hopes for him (as I do for all fellow South Dakotans) but, I feel like there might not be a ton of upside for him. Can you see him developing into a top 10 type wrestler in the future or his he kind of what he is going to be. I long for the days of a solid Heavy Weight that you know can challenge the top guys. All I'm asking for is another Tolly Thompson... that's not asking too much is it? ;)

to me, Jensen is still a work in progress. there was 25 seconds in that match against McMullan on Friday that he has to want back cuz he let down and McM got a cheap takedown and turn for 4 pts there. it looked like a dumb freshman mistake to do what he did, but Jensen defended most of McM's shots very well. if he hadn't let down he loses that 3-2 and looked strong at the end against a top guy.

also, Jensen saved the dual against NC State by keeping Gwiaz, last years champ, from a major which would have made it go to tie breakers.

i see Jensen going for bonus points now against guys he should beat, like he did against Goldman yesterday. he didn't get them yesterday but he's working on that part of his game.

so Jensen is 12-9 on the season with 2 majors and 4 pins, and showing that he is a good team wrestler. but that record is a long ways from Tolly's NCAA championship sophmore season.

so all in all, i think he's got the ability for sure, but he hasn't put it all together enough to look like he could beat a McMullan or a Gwiaz. but he hangs with those guys.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back