• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked WR Gavin Holmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

We should get him....but Oregon is in his top 7 and he just got the offer yesterday from them. Yup, the Ducks are this years ASU.

We should get him....but Oregon is in his top 7 and he just got the offer yesterday from them. Yup, the Ducks are this years ASU.

They have a new coach who is throwing offers out left and right. They are way behind the eight ball with only two weeks to convince recruits to visit.

If he comes to Ne. that would be fantastic just as other high rated recruits. I think we all need to be realistic however as most of our
Christmas wish list won't be N but what a great year of recruiting it has been. Going forward it can only be a positive.

Recruiting is so dumb anymore.... top 7 about a month out from signing day?

Hope we get him tho.

***...as I have told you before with many of these student athletes. It is all about keeping the attention on their "brand" for as long as possible. Their self worth is tied to the amount of Twitter/Instagram followers they have. They know that they have grown men and women that can't wait to see what they post next on social media. In their mind they have the power and they don't want to give it up so quickly. Can you imagine how that must make a 17-18 year old feel?

Look at how many of them encourage fans to follow them or their teammates on Twitter and help them win online polls. Guess what...the fan bases flock and will do what they say in the name of getting them to commit to their school.

As soon as the athlete signs the LOI...they become just another scholarship player on the team and lose that status where they were in control like in the recruiting process. They now have to assimilate into the team and giving up that attention has to be hard for many of them so they don't want to relinquish it until they absolutely have to.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back