• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wow the AAF must be desperate for coaches.

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
I know some laugh at Riley being a coach but Arizona has Rick Neuheisel. The guy that has ruined more teams than boosters handing out car keys. "Come on guys instead of practice let's go have a sing along around the campfire." LOL

I have no love for Neuheisel, but I'm not sure you can make a strong argument that Riley is historically any better than him.

I think you can make the case that Neuheisel is/was actually a better coach than Riley. I won't, because they can both pound sand.

If you don't want to talk about him, why mention him in a new thread on the main football board? I guess I'm confused.
I did not talk about him in detail. I merely mentioned him.

As for the who is worse. Riley took one terrible team and made them average. (OSU) Ricky boy took over 2 different good teams and made them terrible. (CO, WA) and he was worse than his predecessor at UCLA. His best seasons were almost always his 1st or second then they got steadily worse. I actually remember when he left CO for washington he said something to the affect, "I want to go where I have a chance to win," I remember thinking, "that was CO before you took over."

I did not talk about him in detail. I merely mentioned him.

As for the who is worse. Riley took one terrible team and made them average. (OSU) Ricky boy took over 2 different good teams and made them terrible. (CO, WA) and he was worse than his predecessor at UCLA. His best seasons were almost always his 1st or second then they got steadily worse. I actually remember when he left CO for washington he said something to the affect, "I want to go where I have a chance to win," I remember thinking, "that was CO before you took over."
His record at Colorado and Washington doesn't really support your claims. UCLA, maybe, but they weren't setting the world on fire before he got there.

But whatever. Neuheisel sucks, Riley sucks, both guys are probably where they belong.

Johnny Manziel is playing for Memphis tonight.

Edit: He's supposed to be playing. He's on the Memphis roster.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back