• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wouldn't it be nice...

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
I know these sorts of games happen every weekend somewhere in college ball. An underdog somewhere comes in and takes care of business and pulls a North Texas over Arkansas. Troy did it against us. Maryland beat Texas. Twice. Akron beat Northwestern. BYU beat Wisky. Kentucky beat Florida.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the NU football gods gave the Huskers some long-overdue sunshine and we went into Ann Arbor and kicked butt?

I mean, if you look at the luck of the Huskers over these past few years, it's simply unbelievable. Last second TD catches, field goals, all-time best punter dying before the season, QBs that can't stay healthy, QBs transferring the day before the season, pretty much you name it, we've been struck.

Maybe this Saturday we play hard and a football or two actually bounces OUR way and we get the W.

I'm ready!

Amen! It would be nice to be the team that stuns someone on their home field. We've been on the wrong side of that scenario way too often.

I can't even think of the last time we pulled off a legitimate road upset. Maybe at Michigan or at Penn State in one of Pelini's last years?

Amen! It would be nice to be the team that stuns someone on their home field. We've been on the wrong side of that scenario way too often.

I can't even think of the last time we pulled off a legitimate road upset. Maybe at Michigan or at Penn State in one of Pelini's last years?

You know, it has been a long, long time. The last time that we whupped someone where I truly thought we were an underdog was Fiesta in Jan 1996. I know we went into Notre Dame and won in around 2000 but I don't recall if we were a 'dog. Maybe at A&M with Purify caught the catch at the end? Were we a 'dog in that contest?

Why can't we pull a North Texas tomorrow and get this ship righted?

Last edited:
  1. Pour the whiskey into a shot glass.
  2. Fill a pint glass halfway with beer.
  3. Drop the shot glass into the beer.
  4. Your wish shall be granted

One difference between this type of upset and the others you mentioned is this wouldn't really be looked at in the same light as those others. Its not like a nobody coming in and winning. It would be more of a surprise that we are doing it this year. In recent history we are 2-1 against Michigan so its not like we aren't capable.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back