• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Would it be better for us to make a solid run in the NIT?

I agree with the intelligent posters who realize the NIT is never -- in any case -- better than the NCAA Tournament.

We've been there, done that with the NIT so darn many times. Ugh. Sure, it's extra postseason games I'd watch. But the excitement level is minor compared to the Big Dance -- even with a first round loss. There is absolutely no way this Husker team went into the season with the NIT as a goal. In fact, should that be their destination (more likely than not), good chance they have little motivation and exit early.

Win or lose a game it doesn't matter. No doubt in my mind the Big Tourney is where we should be. Rather lose in round one there than win one or two in an also ran

Here ya go, fixed a few typo's for ya.... LOL!!

Last edited:
The NIT is only an opportunity to show that you belonged in the real tournament. Its better to actually be there.

Last edited:
The NIT is only an opportunity to show that you belonged in the real tournament. Its better to actually be there.

Didn't we Win the NIT back in '95..... I was happy with that, not as happy as the Big Dance, but hey, we have a LONG, LONG ways to go to be known as a BBALL School....

Didn't we Win the NIT back in '95..... I was happy with that, not as happy as the Big Dance, but hey, we have a LONG, LONG ways to go to be known as a BBALL School....

And it starts with making regular NCAA tourney appearances.

Last edited:
Just go for whatever they can reach, period. It's not like, turn right at the next corner, then straight ahead, if you want to go to the NIT! :lol:

How do you gear for one, and not the other??? :popcorn:

Last edited:
Geez, such passion on this topic. We're talking about THIS season, not a perpetual state of not making the NCAA's, but playing in the NIT finals. Oh well, I guess I'll have to live with being the unintelligent one in the room.:(

Last edited:

Geez, such passion on this topic. We're talking about THIS season, not a perpetual state of not making the NCAA's, but playing in the NIT finals. Oh well, I guess I'll have to live with being the unintelligent one in the room.:(

I understand your point completely and it would be nice to make a run in the NIT. But I would say that you never hope to get NIT over even a certain loss in the NCAA tourney. Also, a first round NIT loss hurts much more than a first round NCAA loss.

I understand your point completely and it would be nice to make a run in the NIT. But I would say that you never hope to get NIT over even a certain loss in the NCAA tourney. Also, a first round NIT loss hurts much more than a first round NCAA loss.

True on all points. The NIT is never a goal.

While the NIT is never a "Goal" versus the NCAA, but if that is where we end up, we Should Strive to WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING..... However, I think we will be lucky if we get invited to the CBI this year..... If that is the case, should we, as Nebraska, turn that down? NO, We should not, we should Strive to WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING.....

Last edited:
While the NIT is never a "Goal" versus the NCAA, but if that is where we end up, we Should Strive to WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING..... However, I think we will be lucky if we get invited to the CBI this year..... If that is the case, should we, as Nebraska, turn that down? NO, We should not, we should Strive to WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING.....

Without a doubt you want to win any tournament you find yourself in but you are always "settling" for lower tournaments.

Without a doubt you want to win any tournament you find yourself in but you are always "settling" for lower tournaments.

It's not settling really, when you just aren't that good to begin with, and this year, my God, we just don't seem to be that good. I want us to WIN the NCAA, against a team like Duke, North Carolina or even better, Kansas.... How cool would it be for us to Beat Kansas in the College Basketball Finals..... I can Dream can't I...... LOL....

It's not settling really, when you just aren't that good to begin with, and this year, my God, we just don't seem to be that good. I want us to WIN the NCAA, against a team like Duke, North Carolina or even better, Kansas.... How cool would it be for us to Beat Kansas in the College Basketball Finals..... I can Dream can't I...... LOL....

It is settling because its never your goal. The Husker football team wasn't that good last season either but I still consider it settling for the Holiday Bowl.

It is settling because its never your goal. The Husker football team wasn't that good last season either but I still consider it settling for the Holiday Bowl.

I can't argue this..... You got me there.... Damn it Man....:mad:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back