• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Worry factor rising for U.S. national team visit to Jamaica: 3 key players out

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
FYI.....

No matter what happens before Fridays transfer deadline in England, Clint Dempsey will not be at “full Dempseyâ€￾ for the coming matches. That’s just too much to ask of a man who hasn’t played in a competitive contest in more than three months.

Who knows where Landon Donovan might be next week, fitness-wise? The all-time U.S. leading scorer has missed the Los Angeles Galaxy’s last two matches, still on the mend from a hamstring strain suffered in the first half of the Aug. 15 win over Mexico.

And now this: Michael Bradley is expected to miss about a month due to a thigh injury suffered Tuesday in training with Roma.

So, that’s three of the U.S. top foursome. Only goalkeeper Tim Howard remains a definite on the available list among that important group.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...ising-for-u-s-national-team-visit-to-jamaica/

That stinks about Bradley. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. However, I'm not all that concerned about Dempsey. It's not like the guy's going to turn into a bum, because he hasn't played in a bit. As far as Donovan, he's been hit or miss recently, so maybe it's time to look at what team USA can do without him.

Still, I feel much better about team USA following the win over Mexico. Yeah, I know it was a friendly, but that gives the team two road wins against teams that they weren't supposed to beat this year. Jamaica will be tough, but not as tough as Mexico in Azteca.

Jamaica is alot better than you think.....and tough place to play.....guess we will find out....

I agree with PCE about Dempsey, plus its not like he controls the field or runs all over anyway....The guy is one of the best players i've ever seen at being completely non-existent for about 95% of the game, but then being a complete game changer for the other 5%...Hopefully he at least has that 5%

And as good of form as Bradley is in right now, the one position we can somewhat afford to lose a guy or 2 is at the DMid position...not saying that the replacements will be at Bradley's level right now, but we definitely have no shortage of capable top level talent to fill that position

Guess we will see....

I agree with PCE about Dempsey, plus its not like he controls the field or runs all over anyway....The guy is one of the best players i've ever seen at being completely non-existent for about 95% of the game, but then being a complete game changer for the other 5%...Hopefully he at least has that 5%

And as good of form as Bradley is in right now, the one position we can somewhat afford to lose a guy or 2 is at the DMid position...not saying that the replacements will be at Bradley's level right now, but we definitely have no shortage of capable top level talent to fill that position

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back