• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

World Junior's, best tournament

Have to admit RR I didn't see much of the Canada USA game. I caught about ten minutes and USA was up 2-1. I haven't been confident in our goal tending and think it will be tough to go through to the gold medal game. I'll be tuned in tonight. One game at a time now. Hopefully we got a wake up call.

I caught it on the DVR later and I have to agree the goal tending for Canada is shaky and on the other-hand a real strength for the USA. Its funny because I told my daughter that what I saw of Canada they are no lock for the Gold Medal Game. This is the best USA team since 2010/11 competition when we had Stephan, Carlson, McDonagh etc. With that being said we could still stumble but we have an easier path to the final then Canada does.

USA with a big emotional letdown after the win over Canada had their worst performance in the five games so far. They were able to hang on and beat the Swiss 3-2. They never trailed but struggled none the less. I actually think it might be a good thing as they advance to the Medal Round. They are not going to take anything for granted from here on in.

USA plays Russia and Canada plays Sweden in the Semi-finals. On Wednesday 4 January.

USA already beat Russia 3-2 and the game was not as close as the score.

Sweden is the real deal.

USA plays Russia and Canada plays Sweden in the Semi-finals. On Wednesday 4 January.

USA already beat Russia 3-2 and the game was not as close as the score.

Sweden is the real deal.
The four best teams have made it through too the semi's. This should be good!!

USA into the Gold Medal Final vs Sweden or Canada beating the Russians in a shootout after a 3-3 finish. What a fun game :)

Last edited:
USA into the Gold Medal Final vs Sweden or Canada beating the Russians in a shootout after a 3-3 finish. What a fun game :)
Haha had a hard time watching the game. Looking after my one year old grandson. He is on the move!! Great game from what I could catch! Excitement plus plus plus!!!!

Haha had a hard time watching the game. Looking after my one year old grandson. He is on the move!! Great game from what I could catch! Excitement plus plus plus!!!!

Best game the Russians played in the whole competition. They dominated for two periods and we took over after. Took us that long to wake up. :)

Wow what a great day of Junior hockey. Canada played their best game in my opinion. Ingram lets two goals in on 3 shots and gets hooked for Hart. Then the Canucks took off. 5-2 final. I think the two best teams made the finals. The Canadians will need Hart to stand on his head in net Thursday night in order to hang with the USA squad.

Wow what a great day of Junior hockey. Canada played their best game in my opinion. Ingram lets two goals in on 3 shots and gets hooked for Hart. Then the Canucks took off. 5-2 final. I think the two best teams made the finals. The Canadians will need Hart to stand on his head in net Thursday night in order to hang with the USA squad.
I think it will be a good game. Would not be shocked to see either team win.

Yes it has been one of the better ones I have seen over the last decade.

Should be a great game tomorrow too.

Russia beats Sweden in OT for bronze. Must be a tough game to play in. Canada, USA, Russia all in same division will take all medals. Tough division!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back