• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Without Frost

Perhaps?? But we can believe your take or Frosts own words? He clearly stated he would have only left for the Nebraska job. Even then it was an agonizing decision which he talked about.

We can either that Coach Frost at his word or the alternative....

I’m not going to ask you for a link, because I’m too lazy to look it up for myself, but I don’t remember him saying it exactly that way. And besides, had the context been different, like if the Nebraska job wasn’t available he might have felt differently.

I remember him saying that he had other opportunities but that this (Nebraska) was the job that he wanted. I don’t remember him saying that it was the only job that he would leave UCF for. I could be wrong though.

He wouldn't have been at UCF long. Coaches say stuff like he said all the time...and end up somewhere else. It doesn't make them liars. Sometimes you have to say the "right thing".

I’m not going to ask you for a link, because I’m too lazy to look it up for myself, but I don’t remember him saying it exactly that way. And besides, had the context been different, like if the Nebraska job wasn’t available he might have felt differently.

I remember him saying that he had other opportunities but that this (Nebraska) was the job that he wanted. I don’t remember him saying that it was the only job that he would leave UCF for. I could be wrong though.
To be honest I tend to agree with you the more I think on it. I do remember Florida told him he could not bring his entire staff IF he took that job. That immediately shot down any chance he was going to take their offer because that's not how Frost rolls. Loyality is a HUGE factor to SF and thank goodness we have a coach like him now.

Bottom line I believe had he stayed at UCF he would be 25-0 and the wolves would be banging on the door with extremely lucrative offers. I have to say I honestly don't believe Frost is simply about the money? How much do you need to insure the long term financial security of your family? He just got a contract worth 35 million which should provide a little family security?

Obviously we can only speculate what would have happened had Frost not taken the Nebraska job. I think we can agree it was the job he really wanted for a varity of reasons. Now we get to sit back and enjoy the ride....

What kind of alternate universe would have NU without Frost? Blasphemy.
scott-it-is-your-destiny-to-coach-nebraska.jpg

If for some reason Riley had managed to go 6-6 in 2017 the Huskers would possibly retained him. Think about how the west is shaping up with Purdue’s season and Minnesota ending strong. Northwestern wins the west but Wisconsin reloads and Nebraska under Riley fights off Illinois to keep from finishing last. I hated losing as badly as the Huskers did under Riley but with Frost and this staff is building something special. The butt kickings against Minnesota ,Iowa and Ohio St. we’re worth it. However the loss to Penn State was extremely painful for me.
Go Big Red...the future is bright RED.
When SE was canned, MR was not going to save his job with a 6-6 record...no way. He would have likely needed 8 wins to save his job or, maybe 7 wins including a big upset victory. The future is bright, why choose to contemplate a dystopian future?

When SE was canned, MR was not going to save his job with a 6-6 record...no way. He would have likely needed 8 wins to save his job or, maybe 7 wins including a big upset victory. The future is bright, why choose to contemplate a dystopian future?
If SE some way does not get fired MR stays in my opinion. I mention it because Nebraska would have had a really difficult if not impossible to find a coach anywhere near as good as Frost. Hopefully fans will think about that when he fails to live up to the sometimes unrealistic expectations of some in the Husker fan base.

To be honest I tend to agree with you the more I think on it. I do remember Florida told him he could not bring his entire staff IF he took that job. That immediately shot down any chance he was going to take their offer because that's not how Frost rolls. Loyality is a HUGE factor to SF and thank goodness we have a coach like him now.

Bottom line I believe had he stayed at UCF he would be 25-0 and the wolves would be banging on the door with extremely lucrative offers. I have to say I honestly don't believe Frost is simply about the money? How much do you need to insure the long term financial security of your family? He just got a contract worth 35 million which should provide a little family security?

Obviously we can only speculate what would have happened had Frost not taken the Nebraska job. I think we can agree it was the job he really wanted for a varity of reasons. Now we get to sit back and enjoy the ride....

Agree with your last paragraph. Merry Christmas.

He wouldn't have been at UCF long. Coaches say stuff like he said all the time...and end up somewhere else. It doesn't make them liars. Sometimes you have to say the "right thing".

agree,
the only way he stayed is if UCF $$$, ... it is a business. sometimes you can have the $ and the local you want,
sometimes you just get the $ or the local. respect SF enough to know he would cash the check

Pipe dream. Florida would have thrown him more money than we did had he indicated strong interest. It would offer him the opportunity to compete for an national championship, and he is one competitive dude. And it would have provided for him financial security for his family that he would never receive from UCF. As much as he loved his players, I believe his competitive spirit and his love for his family (his real one) would have made it impossible to pass on Florida.

But we can disagree. I know what you are saying and I see your point. I just see it differently.
Normally agree with you ct but I think he said the politically correct thing at that time. An offer from another school.....including Florida the next week could have come with a change in heart.
Florida was in the process of offering him a contract he couldn't refuse. Moose was smart to get in their when he did and bring home the hometown hero. Moose understood the feelings towards him from this fanbase as well as the demand for his services from other programs. It's simply unrealistic to think that NO OTHER PROGRAM would have been able to pull Frost from UCF. Obviously he has to utilize his PR skills and be politically correct about his value of the program in Lincoln, not that he doesn't really feel this is his destination program. I truly believe he values NU above all other programs.....but lets not forget, he did join another program to play football before coming back to Lincoln under TO. If as a kid he made decisions that best suit his goals, why are we to believe that with maturity and quite a bit of birthdays under his belt, he isn't doing the same thing in his career.

It's absolutely not true that he would have gone to Florida. According to his staff members he was open and honest with them about every job offer that was being broached with his agent, and Florida went after him hard after Chip Kelly turned them down. Florida wouldn't allow him to bring his entire UCF staff, and so he told them to stuff it. He would have considered other positions, but he wasn't going to take any offer without the majority of his staff and his staff's families being on board to make the switch. He brought every option to his staff to discuss, and he would not consider any job where he couldn't bring his whole staff, and their families had to be on board.

What you're saying would be true of any other coach, for the most part, but it simply isn't who Frost is. Verduzco talked at length about all of the above, and he went into detail about other job offers, too. His assistants and their families adore him because none of them know of any other head coach who has been so open, humble, and forthright about the whole process like that.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back