• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

With all this talk about a potential reschedule...

Scheduling a game during the bye week right before OSU is a bad idea.

C
Don't mean to have a defeatist attitude but we are going to get Power Bombed by tOSU... We may score 28 or so but they may score 50-60... does not matter what we do or if we have a bye week.

Tennessee State has now had two games cancelled and has an open date on October 27. That would be an option I would pursue if I were Bill Moos. It's a game we should win easily to move toward bowl eligibility and it shouldn't be a particularly high hurdle ahead of the tOSU game. We could probably afford to sit anybody out that has more than the normal bumps and bruises.

I think I saw Marshall's game this weekend was canceled and they have Oct 27th open?

Tennessee State has now had two games cancelled and has an open date on October 27. That would be an option I would pursue if I were Bill Moos. It's a game we should win easily to move toward bowl eligibility and it shouldn't be a particularly high hurdle ahead of the tOSU game. We could probably afford to sit anybody out that has more than the normal bumps and bruises.
Better yet, play it Thursday or Friday night to still give some extra time for OSU

Looks like a plausible option ... TSU is currently a middle of the pack Ohio Valley Conference program. Jacksonville State is the cream of the crop for the OVC, and many of those OVC programs do look for a payday match-up with a Power 5 program ... examples from this year include UT-Martin played at Mizzou and Austin Peay got a nice paycheck for a butt-whoopin' at Georgia earlier this month.

Don't mean to have a defeatist attitude but we are going to get Power Bombed by tOSU... We may score 28 or so but they may score 50-60... does not matter what we do or if we have a bye week.
By the time we play OSU I doubt they are going to score 50-60 points on our D........ We're going to get nothing but better as these kids learn how to play together and totally understand the D....

UCF still won a MNC after missing what, 2 games?

Plus, just how Riley lucked into that Foster Farms Bowl with only 5 wins, I think that IF we're hurting for bowl eligibility and IF there are available slots, we get in easily.

I don't plan on us being a 5 win team by any stretch, but were that the case you think bowl organizers would view a weather cancelation as a mitigating circumstance.

I think the Tenn State game is very viable... I hate playing FCS team but if we need the win.. and it makes fitting into our BYe Week easier... then we should do it. I would much rather it be East Carolina though.

scheduling a game the same weekend as the conf championship basically negates season optimism (essentially giving up hope of a divisional crown) .... sorry Akron, you had your chance at a makeup, perhaps some future year.

not having a bye week stinks, but is the only option for a 12th game in my opinion :Sign2cents:

Looks like a plausible option ... TSU is currently a middle of the pack Ohio Valley Conference program. Jacksonville State is the cream of the crop for the OVC, and many of those OVC programs do look for a payday match-up with a Power 5 program ... examples from this year include UT-Martin played at Mizzou and Austin Peay got a nice paycheck for a butt-whoopin' at Georgia earlier this month.

TSU does have Vandy on the schedule already so they may not want two Power 5 games, but $$$ talk.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back