• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wish List: Athletic Department Rebrand

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
One thing I'd like to see Moos do besides fixing football is to get a solid athletic department rebranding.

Now hold on a second, I'm not talking about football uniforms, per se. Our football set is damn near perfect in my mind. But the rest of Husker athletics are disjointed. Some teams wear black. Some don't. Some use the classic two-stripe motif like the football pants. There are also various logos, from the "skinny N" on the football helmets to the Iron N, the Huskers script and a few others.

Recently, some schools like North Carolina have done entire rebrands (link below) of their athletics to get all teams more unified. It's a wish list item, but I'd love to see something like this at Nebraska.

http://www.unc.edu/spotlight/nike-unifies-carolinas-brand/

Last edited:

UNC pulled heavily from BBall in the argyle motif and brought that thru all sports. Tenn with the checkerboard. I’m not sure that NU has that single identifiable thing like those two schools. The sans serif N I guess but I’d prefer to stick with the iron N with other sports. I don’t even know if you could say the 2 stripes is a big thing, especially when the helmet only has one stripe.

Cue the “who the hell cares about uniforms” comments now.

Last edited:

If we are rebranding can we go back to being the bugeaters?

(if we go back to the Golden Knights Frost won't have to change out a lot of his gear when he comes back...)

I'd prefer Moos help us to look like a football team on gameday before he worries about the lettering and stripes.

Last edited:
It does feel like we're a bit all over the place as far as logos and uniforms go for the various sports. I think first priority is obviously righting the ship for the football program but I think it's a reasonable request to consider once that's completed.

I second the request to get rid of Lil' Red though.

It does feel like we're a bit all over the place as far as logos and uniforms go for the various sports. I think first priority is obviously righting the ship for the football program but I think it's a reasonable request to consider once that's completed.

I second the request to get rid of Lil' Red though.

It’s not like Moos would have to lock himself in a room with a sketch pad for 2 months and not pay attention to anything else. It’s a phone call to adidas and say, we want a coordinated rebrand across all sports cuing off of the football tradition. Go.

I'd prefer Moos help us to look like a football team on gameday before he worries about the lettering and stripes.

I don't think it would take more than Moos telling the marketing people that he would like them to make the uniforms uniform and get it done, then report back to him when it is done for his final approval. Probably take all of 2 hours of his time over a month.

I don't think it would take more than Moos telling the marketing people that he would like them to make the uniforms uniform and get it done, then report back to him when it is done for his final approval. Probably take all of 2 hours of his time over a month.

That's really your priority right now? Uniforms?
We must have watched different games Saturday night.

That's really your priority right now? Uniforms?
We must have watched different games Saturday night.

Not my priority but it is the OP.

I expect that a top-flight executive can delegate and do a number of important things at the same time. Initiating a re-brand of the uniforms and ancillary materials would really take up next to no time on his part. In support of the OP when the marketing people come back with the rebrand and it is presented (probably after the new year) it could give aid in positive vide and momentum overall across the sports programs.

I don't know about you but in my work I have to handle about 7 or 8 priority projects. Luckily I have a good team I can delegate too. I have a feeling Moos can set priorities and keep the whole department busy doing different things that move the program forward.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back