• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Winter conditioning seems safe this year

I agree.

I don't have room for the platform but I could make space for the logo. :Biggrin:

I found a knock off Husker Power shirt a few years ago on line that had to be from China. An XL was just about right in the chest and shoulders, but I had to cut the sleeves off and the neck hole was too small for my giant melon to fit through. I usually wear XL right off the rack with no issue, so it was a fabrication error. Maybe a metric to imperial conversion issue. The logo was right though.

I found a knock off Husker Power shirt a few years ago on line that had to be from China. An XL was just about right in the chest and shoulders, but I had to cut the sleeves off and the neck hole was too small for my giant melon to fit through. I usually wear XL right off the rack with no issue, so it was a fabrication error. Maybe a metric to imperial conversion issue. The logo was right though.
So you're saying you need to do more leg workouts...:Biggrin:

I don't think that these gals ever played volleyball for UNL, but I was wondering if anyone would like to evaluate their form on these lifts?
tenor.gif

PICK ME.......PICK ME!

LOL!

Huskers make gains in the weight room
A few weeks ago, offensive line coach Greg Austin walked into the weight room.

“There was a feeling of euphoria,” he said, “because they had competed with themselves, and they had lifted, squatted, much more weight than they’d ever squatted before.”

There was a pride he could feel from his guys that he’d not seen before. Which is a huge deal, he said.

“Just that feeling of ‘This matters. This is a big, big, big portion of who we are and what we believe in and how we’re going to get this program turned around.’ That’s a big deal.”

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs...cle_b082dc2b-1869-55cd-bf55-1400dae7e975.html

“They look at the weight room with a totally different mindset than they did before we arrived here,” Austin said. “They compete, not only with each other, but they compete with themselves.”

Austin recalled a recent walk through the weight room. He sensed a “feeling of euphoria.”

“There was a pride about it,” he said. “There’s a pride that I never seen them exude since I’ve been here, just that feeling of, ‘This matters … this is a big, big, big portion of who we are and what we believe in, and why we’re going to get this program turned around.’

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...da0a1bc3-8fac-5281-bc0b-dcc775885076.amp.html

Good Article: Not just talk, Huskers seeing the results from Zach Duval, [10 March]
[Adds on to Az Husker's input above.]
https://247sports.com/college/nebra...-seeing-the-results-from-Zach-Duval-129917710

"It's something Scott Frost quickly picked up on too. He remembers when Husker football used to publish strength and conditioning numbers in the media when he was a player. That wasn't going to happen right after his return because those numbers were not exactly something worth crowing about.

"I can tell you that they didn't compete like we compete now in the weight room before we got here," Austin said. "The only thing I can do is compare what they weren't doing before with what they're doing now and – weights aside – they weren't competing. It was something that they just did like, 'Yeah, I went and lifted weights.' No. The weight room, that's damn near the end-all be-all as far as the offensive line is concerned.

"A guy might be out there killing a workout and we’ll feed off of that," said junior cornerback DiCaprio Bootle. "We’ll see him and we’ll see how he’s doing, and then we’ll try to go in and eat like that. So it’s really like no guy left behind."

There seems, to most, an added understanding of what the grind really is supposed to look like, and the numbers have shown it. Frost has said players, on average, have gained 100 pounds in lower length strength with squats, more than 50 pounds on the bench, and 10 additional pounds of lean muscle mass since last year ended."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back