• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Winners and losers.

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
IMHO these are the guys that impressed and depressed today.
WINNERS
Tristan Gebbia
Adrian Martinez
Mcquitty
Ozigbo
Reimers
LOSERS (by this I mean guys that lost traction. I do not mean they are losers.)
Vedral
Wilbon

There were other guys that bordered on one or the other. But these stood out to me.

Winners: TE's

Will be seeing a lot of posession passing to the TE's based on today. Anybody who has wanted to see more TE should be elated.

I think more than just possession passing. The tight ends looked very athletic and were used to stretch the field a couple of times. Really exciting. Especially when you've got some that go 6'7" and 6'8".

IMHO these are the guys that impressed and depressed today.
WINNERS
Tristan Gebbia
Adrian Martinez
Mcquitty
Ozigbo
Reimers
LOSERS (by this I mean guys that lost traction. I do not mean they are losers.)
Vedral
Wilbon

There were other guys that bordered on one or the other. But these stood out to me.
I really like Wilbon, and the kid has always seemed to run hard when given the chance, but he didn’t look to have much of a burst and wasn’t overly physical today. As well as Bell looked on a few runs, he also whiffed on a blitz pickup or two. We have moments, but still look like there is work to do at RB. I did like the TE play.

I am excited to see our receivers. I think we have a stable of weapons there if we get them the ball in space. Today was a good example of what can it be (even without Stan or JD). My initial concern is depth on defense.

I really like Wilbon, and the kid has always seemed to run hard when given the chance, but he didn’t look to have much of a burst and wasn’t overly physical today. As well as Bell looked on a few runs, he also whiffed on a blitz pickup or two. We have moments, but still look like there is work to do at RB. I did like the TE play.
Yeah Wilbon has been a real let down overall to me.

I thought Wilbon looked decent early on until, and I hope I caught this right live, Honas dropped him on his way to the QB. That said, I thought Bell set himself apart today. Ozigbo to me was #2, though I felt Bradley was a victim of his situation early.

Tight End has me really excited. Those dudes are tough to bring down in space outside.

Breon Dixon was active and made some good plays.

Also Dashion Neal (sp?) caused some havoc and had his name called several times.

Tackling in general wasn’t perfect but I think was a step up from the last few years.

Will Honas had a couple tackles, but has been described as swimming a bit and looked it.

Pretty damn good effort from Matt Farniok. Him, little brother, Nate Gerry and me .... same high school (Sioux Falls Washington)

Last edited:
I would have to add Miles to the losers but only because he plays the square peg in the round hole position......if he doesn't transfer, he will be nothing more than a glorified special teams player and son of a famous former coach. JMO

I thought Wilbon looked decent early on until, and I hope I caught this right live, Honas dropped him on his way to the QB. That said, I thought Bell set himself apart today. Ozigbo to me was #2, though I felt Bradley was a victim of his situation early.

Tight End has me really excited
. Those dudes are tough to bring down in space outside.
agree and agree!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back