• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

William Peter Blatty Dies

Lakewood Husker

All Big 10
15 Year Member
I know, who the hell is he ? Well other than Jaws, and The Godfather, his book and film had a huge effect on me growing up. What I deem the greatest horror film ever made (I know others have their favorite) with Psycho being a close second , The Exorcist might be the perfect horror film.

No list of the greatest horror movies ever made is complete without 1973’s The Exorcist. The film was directed by William Friedkin and based on the novel of the same name by William Peter Blatty, who adapted his own book to the screen and won an Oscar for his screenplay. Sadly, Blatty passed away yesterday at the age of 89. Friedkin himself tweeted about the news a short while ago:

http://screencrush.com/william-peter-blatty-rip/

Last edited:
When I was a kid we went to the Drive-in to see this and the film broke. All the cars started honking and then slowly stopped as it took a little time to fix. When it was going again someone had shot the screen with an arrow and it was sticking out of Linda Blair's character's neck as it was spinning around.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back