• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Frosts relationship with Knight ever take us to Nike?

I know Frost has an amazing relationship with Nike’s Phil Knight, and after doing some research, saw that we aren’t even in the top 20 in apparel contracts.

I would think we would do better than what Adidas is giving us. Nebraska is a world wide brand, I’m down in Cancun this week and on at least 3 occasions have had bartenders and pool waiters tell me “Go Big Red” due to my attire.

Any thoughts on if/when we’ll ever see a switch?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...most-valuable-college-apparel-deals-2018/amp/
Two things.
1. At the time we signed the contract we were among the highest and Nike offered us much less in both money and support. (Adidas offers an on site rep that has gotten specialized sizes etc from the factory in 2-3 days.)
2. Nike is a terrible corporate citizen and I for one would and will never buy their gear. I have not and will not buy anything from them since the late 90s. For those who think Trump is a spoiled ... take a look at some of what Phil Knight has done. Union busting, child labor, ...
3. For every dollar you spend with Nike no matter who's name is on the gear. You are sending a few cents to th university of oregon.

So No thanks. Screw Nike

What is involved in an apparel contract? Adidas pays NU the privilege of providing uniforms (and other gear) to NU? NU agrees to sell the stuff as "official gear" and Adidas gets a cut of the proceeds?
Wasn't Adidas the principle player/suspect in the FBI probe earlier this year?

I just wish their logo wasn't so prominent on the uniform.

I have no qualms with Nike. However, Osborne really got it right all those years ago. Adidas is a rising brand and I believe it's outpacing Nike and Under Armour right now. So, it's gaining appeal to the kids and it's a strong brand. Hope they stick with Adidas...

Didn't Moos have a bit of a strained relationship with Phil Knight? I think Knight actually got him pushed out the door...

Plus, Adidas is a strong brand and continues to be on the rise. I actually think we're #1 or #2 on their football deals with only Louisville and Kansas being bigger, almost entirely because of their basketball programs. I would really prefer we not move off Adidas, especially not for Nike right now
Yep. Almost posted the same. Don't remember what it was but there is some history between Moos and Knight.
Knight got Moos fired

Moos resigned, and Knight was applying the heat. It's necessary to read in between the lines, but it sounded like Knight was pushing Moos to do something that he refused to do, so Knight wanted him gone. If that's the case, Moos had to know that that would likely be the result, which raises my opinion of him because it means he's a man of principle, and he had the cajones to stand up to Phil freakin' Knight when he was the AD at Oregon. If Moos had truly done something worthy of being pushed out, we would have heard about it.

I know Frost has an amazing relationship with Nike’s Phil Knight, and after doing some research, saw that we aren’t even in the top 20 in apparel contracts.

I would think we would do better than what Adidas is giving us. Nebraska is a world wide brand, I’m down in Cancun this week and on at least 3 occasions have had bartenders and pool waiters tell me “Go Big Red” due to my attire.

Any thoughts on if/when we’ll ever see a switch?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...most-valuable-college-apparel-deals-2018/amp/

I don’t know how it works for sure but I could see this happening if we got back to the top of the college football pyramid. Nikwould help with recruiting as cheesy and as shallow as that sounds.

I don’t know how it works for sure but I could see this happening if we got back to the top of the college football pyramid. Nikwould help with recruiting as cheesy and as shallow as that sounds.
Adidas is really gaining popularity with teens these days... ever heard of Yeezys? Just sayin'. It's almost as popular now.

Adidas is really gaining popularity with teens these days... ever heard of Yeezys? Just sayin'. It's almost as popular now.
Been saying that for 2 years now. Walk around inner city schools now days and you see a lot of Adidas. Especially things other than BBall shoes. So sweats, shorts etc. As well as to your point their knockaround shoes. (No kid wheres their Yeezys in a game.) Also as soccer get's more popular in the USA. Most of the best Soccer payers wear Adidas. 6 of the top ten soccer cleats are Adidas, https://www.complex.com/sneakers/2012/11/the-25-best-soccer-cleats-of-all-time.

Been saying that for 2 years now. Walk around inner city schools now days and you see a lot of Adidas. Especially things other than BBall shoes. So sweats, shorts etc. As well as to your point their knockaround shoes. (No kid wheres their Yeezys in a game.) Also as soccer get's more popular in the USA. Most of the best Soccer payers wear Adidas. 6 of the top ten soccer cleats are Adidas, https://www.complex.com/sneakers/2012/11/the-25-best-soccer-cleats-of-all-time.
Have a 13 year old. They dont make shoes but Champion is back and trendy now. He asked for some for xmas. Didn't know they were even still in business. Used to make really heavy sweatshirts back in the day, which are hard to find now.

Last edited:
Have a 13 year old. They dont make shoes but Champion is back and trendy now. He asked for some for xmas. Didn't know they were even still in business. Used to make really heavy sweatshirts back in the day, which are hard to dind now.
Yes I love champion Sweats. They are heavier and usually cheaper as well. They do actually still make shoes though. they are just not competition grade shoes. More knockarounds. https://www.champion.com/shop/champ...ageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:20&

Who in their right mind pays >$300 for a pair of tennis shoes. How do those inner city kids acquire shoes are that expensive?

[Edit: Especially when they look so dorky!
yeezy-desert-rat-blush-release.jpg

]

Last edited:

Moos resigned, and Knight was applying the heat. It's necessary to read in between the lines, but it sounded like Knight was pushing Moos to do something that he refused to do, so Knight wanted him gone. If that's the case, Moos had to know that that would likely be the result, which raises my opinion of him because it means he's a man of principle, and he had the cajones to stand up to Phil freakin' Knight when he was the AD at Oregon. If Moos had truly done something worthy of being pushed out, we would have heard about it.
I thought I said that. Moos may have resigned but not on purpose.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back