• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why the T?

Huskerwirejay

All American
15 Year Member
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/usLKpVWXz9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(this is not about the outcome of the game)

The only thing I have heard about this is what the announcers say happened. I am not clear on why Doc got the T, what he was joking or mocking the refs about.

Both he and McD were out of their boxes at the point and if you look at Doc getting the explanation of the McCray T, he isn't upset or out of control.

the broadcast crew (MVC or Creighton, I have know idea) seems to think Doc wasn't in need of a T.

broadcast crew is local to Omaha. Nick Baah (sp) played for Creighton and is the nick part of the Shick and Nick morning radio program on 1620 am; the link to their show (0800-1100 Omaha time) is on our front page. The pbp guy is Travis Justice. He is a lot like Lee Barfkneckt in that both are too cool for the Huskers but make their money talking about the Huskers.

Travis was the sports director on KMTV, the Omaha CBS affilitate for about seven years and then did a local radio show in Omaha before moving to a show in Des Moines and now he appears to be freelancing it. He has always been a Creighton backer but his passion is infomercials.

broadcast crew is local to Omaha. Nick Baah (sp) played for Creighton and is the nick part of the Shick and Nick morning radio program on 1620 am; the link to their show (0800-1100 Omaha time) is on our front page. The pbp guy is Travis Justice. He is a lot like Lee Barfkneckt in that both are too cool for the Huskers but make their money talking about the Huskers.

Travis was the sports director on KMTV, the Omaha CBS affilitate for about seven years and then did a local radio show in Omaha before moving to a show in Des Moines and now he appears to be freelancing it. He has always been a Creighton backer but his passion is infomercials.

All of which is irrelevant because none of them said anything anti-NU/Sadler...and none thought the T seemed warranted.

And yes...Travis Justice is a complete clown.

Oh...there is a mistake in your post. Matt Perrault is the guy you are thinking of that moved to Des Moines. Justice, as I understand it, moved on to a different career outside of broadcasting. Unfortunately, it looks like he's going to be the PXP guy for the 8 games KMTV does this year.

Last edited:
Jay, you have to have watched the whole game...and since it might not have made the broadcast it would have helped to have been there.

1. Sadler was freaking out for quite a while prior to this whole episode. There was a point a few minutes earlier where Sadler was going after one of the refs big time by the NU bench. The ref obviously warned him or something...and an assistant had to physically remove Sadler from the situation. (which sadler didn't look to happy about).

2. Sadler apparently had "permission" from Sanzere to go to the end of the table to see what was going on. McDermott was sitting on the table. Now let's not pretend Doc just calmly strolled down and took a seat next to McDermott as I have read a few message board postings claim. he was running his mouth all the way down there...yelled over the shoulder of one of the refs and then kept talking as he sat down. It was a culmination of things. Had doc not been freaking out earlier and riding the refs like he had he might have had more rope there.

Doc needed to be a grown up and understand the situation. His team was down 1, had given up a 5 point lead, one of his players had just been t'ed up and CU was about to shoot 4 FTs...the last thing he needed to do was give CU another 2 free throws...and he was within a wisker of getting himself tossed from the game when his players removed him from the situation.

Last edited:

He tried to sit on McDermott's lap.....Dang Doc you blew the game and can't control your temper.....go ahead and resign only one guy would be hurt.

All of which is irrelevant because none of them said anything anti-NU/Sadler...and none thought the T seemed warranted.

And yes...Travis Justice is a complete clown.

Oh...there is a mistake in your post. Matt Perrault is the guy you are thinking of that moved to Des Moines. Justice, as I understand it, moved on to a different career outside of broadcasting. Unfortunately, it looks like he's going to be the PXP guy for the 8 games KMTV does this year.

there were probably many mistakes but not that one. As you probably know Travis and Matt both had shows on 590AM, Omaha. Travis had a morning show and Matt had an afternoon show. Travis's show went under first but he still had the TV gig as the sports director at KMTV as well as his baby; the Sunday night live talk show on Channel 3 with Doc Zateska. Then he left to make millions. Matt also moved on to Des Moines and got an afternoon show. Shortly after that Travis got hired to do a morning show at the same Des Moines radio station. I don't know if he still does that but Perrault has already moved on; back east I think.

Matt was a total a$$ but I really enjoyed him as he never tried to do comedy like the clowns on 1620 are so intent on doing; must be what the marketing experts tell them the audience wants

and I don't think my post was totally irrelevant as I was answering H-jay's statement about the broadcast crew.

......Sports Soundoff was the show and now the resident idiot at KMTV does that show and he makes Travis look like Dan Patrick.

Interesting. I knew he stepped down to get into something other than broadcasting. After some research it was a bus. devel. job with a construction co. Now I see he is on the radio in Des Moines like you say. Hadn't heard about that. He's truly awful and I would have hoped that KMTV could have found someone better to do the games. Yeah, the guy on sports soundoff....I don't watch that show EVER anymore. Even if there is something interesting they might be talking about...he's awful.

Speaking of awful...the new afternoon show on 590 is dreadful. Petey Mac is the least informed guy I've ever heard on sports talk radio and comes off so uneducated and unprepared when they do interviews. I actually feel bad for the guy.

I guess I called it irrelevant because despite them being a homer CU crew they were fairly objective on that episode. Missed the part where HWJ asked about them initially.

Interesting. I knew he stepped down to get into something other than broadcasting. After some research it was a bus. devel. job with a construction co. Now I see he is on the radio in Des Moines like you say. Hadn't heard about that. He's truly awful and I would have hoped that KMTV could have found someone better to do the games. Yeah, the guy on sports soundoff....I don't watch that show EVER anymore. Even if there is something interesting they might be talking about...he's awful.

Speaking of awful...the new afternoon show on 590 is dreadful. Petey Mac is the least informed guy I've ever heard on sports talk radio and comes off so uneducated and unprepared when they do interviews. I actually feel bad for the guy.

I guess I called it irrelevant because despite them being a homer CU crew they were fairly objective on that episode. Missed the part where HWJ asked about them initially.

I did enjoy Sports Soundoff mainly because of Doc. Like you I have stopped watching it. For me it is primarily for two reasons; 1) the new Travis and 2) they continue to cover fully one third of the screen with their crawler. No one has a crawler the size of that one. I've written and emailed them with no effect and so just quite watching. Petey Mac was Travis's producer when he did his morning show on 590 and I am not surprised he is a washout (thanks for the tip). It is frustrating as 590 has a great signal and I enjoyed Matt's afternoon show except for when he got to talking about the Red Sox. He also was one of the first local guys to take on Callahan and he was not a Husker homer; mainly because they would not give him access to any of the coaches like they do all but the Husker Sports Network.

I've tried the FM program with Adrian Fiala but I just can't take him. I know he is a loyal Husker so I admire him for that but just can't listen to or watch him except for Big Red Wrap Up. USC is okay but when those two start to do their comedy show I just switch off. Keep hoping for a good sports guy to show up on a station that reaches Western Iowa and the signal survives sunset power downs. Thank goodness for streaming audio.

WOW!

That's one official that should find another calling in life.

Pathetic call.

All teams know that they have to run into challenges on the road, it's a fact of life on all levels. There are a lot of things to overcome and you have to expect calls to not go your way. Good teams find a way to overcome such adversity. Something that our Cornhuskers obviously need to work on.

Nonetheless, that's one official that shouldn't be calling games at this level.

Why the T?

Because clearly the refs have been conspiring (for quite some time) to keep Nebraska Basketball from claiming its rightful place among the nations elite.

WOW!

Pathetic call.

All teams know that they have to run into challenges on the road, it's a fact of life on all levels. There are a lot of things to overcome and you have to expect calls to not go your way. Good teams find a way to overcome such adversity. Something that our Cornhuskers obviously need to work on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TztnjtnPDgw&feature=related

Last edited:

WOW!

Pathetic call.

And that is what 98.2% of people think about Doc coaching at this level....he is not cut out for it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back