• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why I don't believe in "The Frost Effect"

I don't know if it is a Moos factor or a Frost factor but I do like what is going on. I like Moos a lot as an AD. No offense to TO but he is the best AD we have had since Bill Byrne. He really is a positive people person.

I never understood all the $Bill stuff. The athletic department really took a hit when he moved on to A&M.

Seems a bit insulting to the bball players to credit Frost even a little for anything they've done. Maybe Moos has relaxed the tensions in the department a little, but I think 100% of the credit for the basketball seasons goes to those staffs and players.

It's not silly, it's a fact. Positivity is contagious. And football is the flagship sport of the university. I'm not going to claim it's a huge effect, but the optimism and positivity Frost has brought has affected the entire state in a good way. It's certainly a positive factor for the other sports as well.
It is absolutely silly to credit anything happening in basketball to a frost effect.

The idea that having a clear and supportive AD would have a positive effect on the athletic department in general seems obvious.
For the most part, I believe this is it.

I also think that just as in sports in general, "mojo" is real.
It can be in your favor and you can feel it, feed off of it........and it can also seem like you can't overcome it when it isn't...........
In that regard, there is no question that the "Frost Effect" definitely has lifted overall morale of the football program as a whole.
And I think there is no doubt it has made an impression elsewhere as well.
To what extent is that exactly? WTHK

I just like the feeling I have all the way around concerning Husker Athletics at this point, so......... :Cheers:
:Huskerflag:

I was thinking the same thing about the Men's BB. There may be some excitement carryover from Frost hire but I think it has more to do with whatever Moos is doing. Maybe the threat of being fired!!?
Outside of some really unforeseen circumstance, I would bet the coaches feel fairly safe that this athletic program isn't looking to fire another coach right now! Yes we have the money, but with our conservative nature we aren't looking to spend it all!

Outside of some really unforeseen circumstance, I would bet the coaches feel fairly safe that this athletic program isn't looking to fire another coach right now! Yes we have the money, but with our conservative nature we aren't looking to spend it all!

Ya, and the really unforeseen circumstances are “cause” to terminate a contract without fulfilling it. Ain’t gonna happen with this crew.

Do you really think the guys on the NU Basketball team are caught up with whats going on in the football program?

If Scott's mere presence on campus results in more successful play from the rest of our sports teams, we need to give him a raise already.

Its kind of unfair to the athletes to attribute their successes to the hiring of a coach in a completely different sport.
I'm not attributing anyone's success to Frost's presence.

But it has had some effect. It's impossible for it not to have had some effect.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back