• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Why am i not upset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
In the past i have been very ipset by losses. I was not after yesterday. So i was wondering why?

I came to this conclusion. Under the last three coaches i saw things in losses. Even sometimes in a win. (Mcneese state) That made me think we had systematic problems that could not be fixed mid season.

Other than field goal kicking i saw things that can be fixed. In other words for the most part we were technically sound. Good tackling. The coaches making in game adjustments all seemed positive. Tommy having a terrible 2nd quarter and looking good in the 3rd.

Scheme mistakes can be fixed in the film room. Terrible technique can not.

Last edited:

In the past i have been very ipset by losses. I was not after yesterday. So i was wondering why?

I came to this conclusion. Under the last three coaches i saw things in losses. Even sometimes in a win. (Mcneese state) That made me think we had systematic problems that could not be fixed mid season.

Other than field goal kicking i saw things that can be fixed. In other words for the most part we were technically sound. Good tackling. The coaches making in game adjustments all seemed positive. Tommy having a terrible 2nd quarter and looking good in the 3rd.

Scheme mistakes can be fixed in the film room. Terrible technique can not.

Maybe you are on to something- i was upset at the loss but i as well felt better than almost every other loss we have had that i can remember.

I think you're right. I'm disappointed, but not upset or frustrated as I have felt recently. I saw a lot to give me hope that this will all work out. Time will tell.

Problem is, we won't know if this coaching staff fan fix issues until the Miami game. There's no way anyone will be able to say with any certainty that the staff made improvements and adjustments following next week's game.

Problem is, we won't know if this coaching staff fan fix issues until the Miami game. There's no way anyone will be able to say with any certainty that the staff made improvements and adjustments following next week's game.

You are likely right, of course, but I'm just going to enjoy the ride. Looking at it that way, at least we can say the staff has two weeks to fix them. That's got to be better than one! I'm content with the fact that things were going really badly, but the team didn't cash it in and they fought back. They should have finished it off and won, but it didn't work out. Hopefully, it will next time.

Maybe you're not upset because you've become accustomed to losing games that matter -- perhaps a lingering effect from the previous regime?

It's okay though. Many here have said the players are suffering from it too, so you're in good company.

You are likely right, of course, but I'm just going to enjoy the ride. Looking at it that way, at least we can say the staff has two weeks to fix them. That's got to be better than one! I'm content with the fact that things were going really badly, but the team didn't cash it in and they fought back. They should have finished it off and won, but it didn't work out. Hopefully, it will next time.

That's a good point. Find the issues from yesterday's game and use next week's game to fine tune the adjustments. I think we'll get a really good idea what this coaching staff is capable of with the Miami game. I feel pretty confident the previous coaching staff would not have been able to figure out a way to win a road game at Miami.

That's a good point. Find the issues from yesterday's game and use next week's game to fine tune the adjustments. I think we'll get a really good idea what this coaching staff is capable of with the Miami game. I feel pretty confident the previous coaching staff would not have been able to figure out a way to win a road game at Miami.

I'm with you there. Probably the reason I'm optimistic about where the team is currently headed.

Definitely agree. I am notmsaying i am satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back