• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who else may transfer?

SavageHusker

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Given the Skerz are still 2 over on scholarships and have a dire need at CB for which they might take a senior transfer or a late breaking Juco, which players or positions might be candidates to move on? We seem to have an over abundance in the interior OL and maybe a senior RB or 2 we could part with.

I’ll go on record as saying we will lose 1 OL and 1 RB over the summer.

Given the Skerz are still 2 over on scholarships and have a dire need at CB for which they might take a senior transfer or a late breaking Juco, which players or positions might be candidates to move on? We seem to have an over abundance in the interior OL and maybe a senior RB or 2 we could part with.

I expect we'll lose ~4 total.

Probably at least one OL and one RB for sure. After that, I have no idea.

I also agree with a running back. Just seems like we have a lot of pretty good options and maybe just a small "great" options. You have to believe that one or more would leave.

On another note I'm really impressed with the lack of transfers so far. I figured there would be a few more players fall into that black hole of not wanting to put in this kind of work without much expectation of contributing. Pretty impressed with this staffs ability to create buy in.

With Breon Dixon getting his waiver and Honas being likely to play a lot of snaps, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost a younger LB also.
I think there's a lot of depth to get lost behind at Safety too. I haven't heard anything about him, but JoJo Domann is a guy that hasn't been able to show anything to new staff yet, but may be a good OLB eventually. I don't think Peyton Newell will leave, and that seemed to be a foregone conclusion before spring practice. :)

I think given that we are topheavy by 2-3 schollies, SF could tell the players ANY infraction over the spring/summer WILL result in dismissal. The few guys on the cut line (whom I'm sure SF would let them know who they are--I'm assuming Sr noncontributors) will be have to be let go if everyone keeps their nose clean, or, their teammates might let them off the hook.

intense motivation to stay out of trouble this summer.

Down one WR as of 10:18 this morning....

https://www.cornnation.com/2018/5/1...m-nebraska-keith-williams-huskers-scott-frost

Last edited:

We're at 85 now. With Williams and Brokop leaving, that brought us down to 85. Brokop hasn't officially announced his departure yet, but apparently he changed his social media accounts to "former Nebraska offensive lineman." I think we'll have a LB or two leave as well.

I also agree with a running back. Just seems like we have a lot of pretty good options and maybe just a small "great" options. You have to believe that one or more would leave.

On another note I'm really impressed with the lack of transfers so far. I figured there would be a few more players fall into that black hole of not wanting to put in this kind of work without much expectation of contributing. Pretty impressed with this staffs ability to create buy in.
Transfers seem to like Frost but understand the new offense isn't going to include them. No bitterness just seeing the writing on the wall.

I think there's a lot of depth to get lost behind at Safety too. I haven't heard anything about him, but JoJo Domann is a guy that hasn't been able to show anything to new staff yet, but may be a good OLB eventually. I don't think Peyton Newell will leave, and that seemed to be a foregone conclusion before spring practice. :)
Will be interesting to see what happens with Domann over the summer, keep an eye there. He would have started eventually for us in 2017 if not for the injury. Newell is trying to figure out if they were just giving him opportunities, or if he has a legitimate shot to play. I could see him heading to Kansas State if they have room.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Domann over the summer, keep an eye there. He would have started eventually for us in 2017 if not for the injury. Newell is trying to figure out if they were just giving him opportunities, or if he has a legitimate shot to play. I could see him heading to Kansas State if they have room.
Would Newell be a grad transfer or would he have to sit out a year?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back