• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Who do you think major donors and former players want for coaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knothole Bob

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
I'm thinking they might want someone with a little higher profile and more proven recruiting connections than the coaches we've been getting. I know the family thing is all the rage around here and I think that's great to keep it in the family as much as you can, I just think the money people are looking around at the competition and seeing these big flashy names drawing the attention of the top recruits and wondering if we can compete at the top level with that.

I've been pretty happy with the coaching staff we've had but due to the recent developments and some former players voicing their concerns, I'm wondering if everyone is happy with the direction we're heading?

People are mentioning Mike Stoops, I just don't think we can compete with the money he'll be offered from OSU. I'm sure that alone bothers some people.

I also think of Garrison as Thee o-line coach, along the same theme....if you think the subject of this thread sucks then you can talk about that;...a two-for-one thread.

Donors wouldn't have the attention of too many ears on the hiring of a coordinator.

Donors wouldn't have the attention of too many ears on the hiring of a coordinator.

Why do you say that? I would think that's what it's ALL about. When former players and boosters start talking you have to think the head coach is paying attention...if not to them then to the AD. I doubt that they would be giving knee-jerk advice.

I agree and I also don't think its all about money for Mike Stopps....honestly he won't be wherever he ends up, for more than a couple of years when a head coaching job opens up again for him....with that being said he would be a great hire for the program even if only for a couple of seasons.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back