• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Are we Still Targeting

A question/thought, what good does blazing speed do for a team and it's RBs if you can't pick up 3rd and short? Personally, I would rather have RBs who can take it 30-40 yards and be caught from behind than RBs who have blazing speed but need a wide open field in which to run.

A question/thought, what good does blazing speed do for a team and it's RBs if you can't pick up 3rd and short? Personally, I would rather have RBs who can take it 30-40 yards and be caught from behind than RBs who have blazing speed but need a wide open field in which to run.
If we are assuming that blazing speed RBs can’t pick up 3rd and short, we are also assuming there’s only one way to pick up 3rd and short.

*** I can understand how you interpreted my remarks, my nirvana in college football is a banging run game breaking one for 20-40 yards occasionally. A completed pass is good also. For D I like a strong line that does not allow the other team to have a successful run game, and a D backfield that plays a stifling zone and man up when needed. Hopefully all of this leads to double digit wins most every year.

*** I can understand how you interpreted my remarks, my nirvana in college football is a banging run game breaking one for 20-40 yards occasionally. A completed pass is good also. For D I like a strong line that does not allow the other team to have a successful run game, and a D backfield that plays a stifling zone and man up when needed. Hopefully all of this leads to double digit wins most every year.
I understand. Our offense gives us some different ways to create the 3rd and short put your head down and get the first. It just may be with our QB that weighs 225 while we only have speed backs for right now. This is our "dash" concept where our back tries to outrun the defenders to the outside, and our QB is who buries his head up the gut for a short gain.

Doesn't that really speak more to the OL than the RB?

Not familiar with this kid. Position? Acceptable offer?
He's an OLB from Pittsburg, Kansas. Chinander offered him about a week ago. Since he is scheduled to come on his OV the last weekend in January, I would say that his offer is one that would be acceptable if he still comes on that visit. A guy like OLB Steven Parker who takes his OV on January 12 weekend would be higher on the board.

Last edited:

Has a P5 coach ever left for a G5 school? Weird. “Here’s less money and less prestige, but as Major Applewhite will tell you, just as much pressure”.
Horgorson going to Houston might workout for him. New stadium, hot recruiting area, and if the playoffs go to 8 teams, he might have the best team in the group.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back