• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Which position group impressed you the most in the Spring Game?

AzHusker

Big Red Fanatic
15 Year Member
For me it was the wide receivers. So many good catches, and some determination to get yards after the catch. Also, several WR's were mentioned for key blocks downfield.

Javeon McQuitty
Tyjon Lindsey
Mike Williams
Brian Reimers

all looked great today, some of the others too. And our best two guys had the flu - JD and Stan the Man. With a couple more recruits coming this summer, and providing we can stay healthy, I think we are going to see a lot of good things from this receiver group this year. I think we have the speed to make the vertical threat a real one on any given play.

Last edited:

Running back. Ozigbo and Wilbon both look to be in better shape and played like it. Bell looks like he could be dangerous. Mazour looked really good and Bradley isnt a terrible option either. With the newcomers in the fall combined with the existing room, we look really deep there, imo.

Its just one practice, but I think RB is going to be a strength of this team.

Running back. Ozigbo and Wilbon both look to be in better shape and played like it. Bell looks like he could be dangerous. Mazour looked really good and Bradley isnt a terrible option either. With the newcomers in the fall combined with the existing room, we look really deep there, imo.

And add Mo Washington to that group. I was really happy to see Mazour busting out a few times today. I thought Ozigbo looked a step faster - he got around the edge once! I was watching Wilbon - he almost looked "muscle bound" - and a little less quick and shifty than I remembered him. Of course, that could be my memory, too.

And add Mo Washington to that group. I was really happy to see Mazour busting out a few times today. I thought Ozigbo looked a step faster - he got around the edge once! I was watching Wilbon - he almost looked "muscle bound" - and a little less quick and shifty than I remembered him. Of course, that could be my memory, too.
I didnt notice that myself. I guess what struck me was that it did seem like he was less hesitant in the hole and going into contact.

Our O line will play a huge part in how good our rb’s are. We do look good at rob.Jmo.GBR.

WR. Looked good and we're missing probably our top two weapons at that position. Morgan, JD and TL are going to be among the best WR Corp in the big 10.

The fact that they ran a play that took us outside was refreshing to me.

Man this is tough. The easiest ones to measure are QB, Receiving and Kicking. Everything else is a question as to whether they looked good or did the opponent look bad. Even at receivers I don't know what to think. I think they caught the ball good and went after it pretty well. However I didn't see that much separation down field at times and that almost makes me feel good about the db's. We had an awful lot of great balls thrown into pretty good coverage. With lesser opponents those could be interceptions.

Last edited:
QB. Extraordinary to see that many good passers and runners at that position for Nebraska. I cannot remember when we last had what appears to be such good depth. We have three QBs who could run this team and not make the mistakes that have become common during the past decade. Only two or three passes all day thrown off the back foot out of balance or at times when the QB should have just thrown it away.

The defensive front hands down showed the biggest improvement. The DL - especially off the edge - almost look like they did under Parella at the beginning of last season. There is some glimmer of hope at LB. But like everybody else, they need to sharpen up right now. Too many bad plays. Too much allowing the OL to grab them.

Why doesn't Mazour get the same chances that both Wilbon and Ozigbo get? Hopefully with Frost the kid will get a chance.

Wide receiver looks loaded as well as the OL and DL however the secondary is really thin and to me the running back situation is average.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back