• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

where is the line?

What is the worst record NU could have to make you wish HCMR coaches here next year?

• I've seen enough, I want a change regardless

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • 8-4+

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • 7-5

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • 6-6

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • 5-7

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Give him more time regardless

Votes: 21 22.3%

• Total voters

if you would have told me 7-5, at the beginning of the year, i would have told you we should keep going with MR (i REALLY think his a great guy and the way he carries himself makes me proud as a fan) but i expected 3-4 losses to better teams and 1-2 "frustrating" surprises. Instead, we have just played bad bad football. Outside of Illinois all of our performances have looked like very bad football to me. early season games in CFB mean more than they do in any other sport, at this point i'm not willing to root for 'moderate' improvement, and i cant imagine being satisfied simply by finishing with a win over IA

I don't want to be argumentative but we have been playing some bad football the last two years. It was always dismissed as personnel problems. When you look at all the bad football in its entirety and take nice guy emotions out of it......this is pretty ugly.

The team needs to play physical.

But no chance of that, so...

This is all mental masturbation.

200.gif

I don't want to be argumentative but we have been playing some bad football the last two years. It was always dismissed as personnel problems. When you look at all the bad football in its entirety and take nice guy emotions out of it......this is pretty ugly.

i agree now, i saw it then, but i guess i thought that he may need more time, for me the line was crossed in '17 Rutgers game

The only way we should get rid of Riley after this year is if he completely loses the players, and I have seen no sign of that happening.

I went with 6-6 because you said the worst I'd accept. So that comes with qualifications. I want to see strong improvement in O-Line play, better QB play out of either Lee or O'Brein. More offensive consistency. Continued defensive improvement. I want to see very good play against all of the four teams we have a real chance to beat. Even with better line play I want Cavanaugh gone. They had better get the WR recruiting figured out, too. Oh, winning the bowl game would be a big help. I don't think this is too much to ask.

I want real hope.

Last edited:
I would need to see the actual wins and losses first, but in general I could understand support for another year if we go 7-5.

Going from 3-3 to 7-5 with Ohio State and Penn State still on the horizon is going to require improved coaching and play from this team.

If we lose to OSU and PSU, but show that we can compete with them without being embarrassed, and we sweep Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota and Iowa, then that would get us to 7-5, and it would show me something.

Embarrassing losses and/or losing to one or more of the "lessor 4", and I'm done. But again, so much of it goes into how we actually look, not just the W or L.

Totally agree with this !

I am indifferent on this issue. This is so much like a transition year for the Huskers that I am willing to give MR a mulligan for it like I did for his first year.

As long as the team keeps fighting and showing improvement, I would be fine with MR getting another year.

But there is one thing I am sure of. If I had started this poll/thread it would have been locked within 15 minutes.

Last edited:

I am indifferent on this issue. This is so much like a transition year for the Huskers that I am willing to give MR a mulligan for it like I did for his first year.

As long as the team keeps fighting and showing improvement, I would be fine with MR getting another year.

But there is one thing I am sure of. If I had started this poll/thread it would have been locked within 15 minutes.

Paramus, you actually make me chuckle from time to time. But the victim card doesn't suit you. Perhaps not bumping threads from August to prove someone wrong might get you some leeway.

The only way we should get rid of Riley after this year is if he completely loses the players, and I have seen no sign of that happening.

Lots of players are loyal to coaches. Unless it translates to wins at some point, who cares? As I have said, 6-6 or better and I'm cool with whatever the AD decides, but we are losing games we shouldn't without losing the team.

First bold: Let me know when they start and I'll let you know if they keep doing it.

Second bold: :Bananalazy:

Paramus, you actually make me chuckle from time to time. But the victim card doesn't suit you. Perhaps not bumping threads from August to prove someone wrong might get you some leeway.

Nothing is going to get me any Leeway. I don't follow the party line. Never have. Red Reign told me I am on a short leash. I am on his watch list.

Red Reign don't dig my rap.

I recently started a thread about how well the HuskerMaxers were getting along these days..a thread about something positive. Nothing controversial about that. It got locked.

Perhaps you could explain that. I can't.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Back