• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

When will we know the who the Starting QB is?

Since we haven't had a QB poll for a while......when will we know who the starting QB is?

• Prior to August 25th.

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • August 25th or 26th.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • August 27th or after

Votes: 30 44.8%

• Total voters

Announcing diamond or wishbone formation ...... QB, HQB, FQB and traditional IB. Thus AM, TG and AB will be starting at the same time !!

300px-Four_Horsemen_Notre_Dame.jpg

Four Horsemen sequel --- from Knute Rockne to Scott Frost

That would be epic if Frost trotted out both Gebbia and Martinez for the first play lined up in a T formation. Who's the snap going to? lol The crowd would go nuts.

Aug 27 or after

Coach Frost said at B1G Media Days that he wanted a QB named by Akron Prep Week. If that happens or not remains to be seen.

Then there was some word last week that the first depth chart would be put out after scrimmage of course it could be Gebbia or Martinez for top spot.

Then there was some word last week that the first depth chart would be put out after scrimmage of course it could be Gebbia or Martinez for top spot.

think we need to check the tape on that one, I thought he only said that scrimmage would help them start to prioritize reps, can't recall hearing "depth chart" would love to see one though

think we need to check the tape on that one, I thought he only said that scrimmage would help them start to prioritize reps, can't recall hearing "depth chart" would love to see one though

Yup talked about a depth chart for all the positions as I recall after the scrimmage. Which of course would lead to more reps based on where you are on it at the QB position.

Last edited:

I get ***'s concern about naming a starter too soon, but honestly none of these kids have much of anything on tape and aside from Spring ball, nothing to speak of at this level. New staff, new system and new players. Akron's prep will more than likely be watching UCF's offense from 2017 and this roster has more talented skill players, IMO.

GET TICKETS

Back