• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

When will we know the who the Starting QB is?

Since we haven't had a QB poll for a while......when will we know who the starting QB is?

• Prior to August 25th.

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • August 25th or 26th.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • August 27th or after

Votes: 30 44.8%

• Total voters

I like it - my guess is that the official announcement comes with a game-week depth chart on monday or Tuesday, so my vote was 27th or later.
However I think we'll get some 'reporting' of who is taking the first team snaps roughly a week before that - so just after media days

Last edited:
I remember vivedly the excitement of sept 4 2010, we had heard T-Magic was making noise in camp and that he was lightning fast, no starting QB named - right up untill game day if I recall correctly - that was such a thrilling day. The first 5 games of that season we're incredible, all because of a freshman QB who exploded out of the gate and had us (maybe just me) making Heisman noise after the Kstate game.

I would love to get a similar sensation this year, I'm on pins and needles to learn who the starter is, I keep hitting refresh and looking for clues in practice photos

We'll know by the next time the media gets access to the coaches, that's my guess.

They said they wanted to announce before they start preparing for game week against Akron. So I think it will be on Sunday, the 26th, or maybe the 25th.

GET TICKETS

Back