• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

When Will The Huskers Return To An Elite Level? The Final Chronicles!

When will the Huskers return to championship form?

Votes: 9 17.3%

Votes: 14 26.9%

Votes: 21 40.4%

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • 2021 or beyond

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
I believe we have a decent shot to make it to the Big 10 Championship game this season. In my opinion, that Wisconsin game is absolutely huge in determining that. The Badgers have more returning starters than any other team in the Big 10 West and they have the easiest conference schedule of anyone in the West this year. Iowa probably has the hardest schedule of anyone in the West and Minnesota has a new coach. If Northwestern beats us out for the Big 10 Title game then we need to re-evaluate some things. We can't be losing out to Stack of Books U (I had a teammate from Northwestern and that's what I always told him his school was :)). Good nickname for a college, not necessarily for a football team though. If we do make it to Indy, you never know what can happen in a one game scenario. But we get the Badgers at home this year. It's all about the Nebraska look alike game!
I will be in Lincoln for Wisconsin game. ? Cousins from Sheboygan are coming down for the game. Revenge is going to be sweet!

Meh, he was 9-9 on the season for one of those "cups".

C
Honestly, his record at OSU and in the NFL bothered me when Nebraska hired him. It bothered me even more after 2015 got underway. My opinion started to change after the Huskers got to 7-0 despite 3 months of off field distractions including the death of our only all conference player. NU was one blown pass interference call away from Indy last year, despite injuries all over the place, a tragic death of a teammate, a position coach going to jail, and a QB that "didnt fit the system".

Honestly, his record at OSU and in the NFL bothered me when Nebraska hired him. It bothered me even more after 2015 got underway. My opinion started to change after the Huskers got to 7-0 despite 3 months of off field distractions including the death of our only all conference player. NU was one blown pass interference call away from Indy last year, despite injuries all over the place, a tragic death of a teammate, a position coach going to jail, and a QB that "didnt fit the system".

Sounds like excuses for a career .500 coach.

C

Sounds like excuses for a career .500 coach.

C
How am I making excuses for going 7-0? (Shouldve been 8-0) I am naming obstacles that the Huskers overcame last year on their way to the program's first 7-0 start in 15 seasons.

Edit: and they are an arguably better team going into this year

Last edited:

How am I making excuses for going 7-0? (Shouldve been 8-0) I am naming obstacles that the Huskers overcame last year on their way to the program's first 7-0 start in 15 seasons.

Edit: and they are an arguably better team going into this year
Better team with a more difficult schedule!
11 wins - even if it is 11-3 would be momentous for this program.

Oregon @ Oregon - yikes!
Wisconsin in October - whom we have a 1-6 record against! And is a dark-horse NC contender!
PSU @ PSU - double yikes!
OSU a legit NC contender!

Lose-able games against Iowa, NW, Minnesota!

Riley's .500 record before coming to Lincoln bothered me a little. But then people kept comparing his record to Pelini's while he was at Nebraska. My thought was, that's not even like comparing apples to oranges, that's like comparing a pea to a watermelon. Bo is a players coach, but I doubt if he would have had a single 9 win season in Corvallis and he probably would have had about the same record as Riley did there. The difference is, now that Riley is here he's going to take advantage of the facilities, the fans, the program recognition and all the other resources he now has. Where as Bo didn't do. You can already see it in the recruiting and the types of coaches he has hired. To me they are both good football coaches, the difference is how MR conducts himself in a professional setting and approaches the program as a whole vs how Bo did. I love Bo, and Riley hasn't won anything just yet, but I'm legit excited to see how this team continues to improve and where they'll be in the not so distant future.

Last edited:

This schedule is not that much tougher than last year. We get Wisconsin, Iowa, and Ohio st at home. Oregon is coming off a 4-8 year. Northwestern and Minnesota dont scare me.

Riley's .500 record before coming to Lincoln bothered me a little. But then people kept comparing his record to Pelini's while he was at Nebraska. My thought was, that's not even like comparing apples to oranges, that's like comparing a pea to a watermelon. Bo is a players coach, but I doubt if he would have had a single 9 win season in Corvallis and he probably would have had about the same record as Riley did there. The difference is, now that Riley is here he's going to take advantage of the facilities, the fans, the program recognition and all the other resources he now has. Where as Bo didn't do. You can already see it in the recruiting and the types of coaches he has hired. To me they are both good football coaches, the difference is how MR conducts himself in a professional setting and approaches the program as a whole vs how Bo did. I love Bo, and Riley hasn't won anything just yet, but I'm legit excited to see how this team continues to improve and where they'll be in the not so distant future.
Oh, I hope so. And I like fired assistant coaches i.e. Banker

Explain distant future? I want 2017 season ..... I'm tickled CC winner! And elite/Top10 team starting at 2018.

Thanks Adam. I will be patiently waiting for your Chronicles to start in the fall. Have a great summer. GBR!!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Back