• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whats the total?

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
Last years recruiting class was 24. We also had a few transfers and walk ons last year. This year with the recruiting class approaching 30, Walkons now at 21 plus Darian Daniels. I do not remember how many walkons we had last year. Overall we have got to be pushing 90 new guys since Frost came aboard.

Yes it is. The better part of 3/4 of the room is now "Scott's Guys."

Just taking a quick look @TheOneders thread for scholarship #s ... I see at least 47 scholarships and walkons from last year plus six transfers that remain on the roster. Current year w/ 25 signed and 21 walkon commits ....

~ 99 of Scott's guys with more some hay to be put in the barn by early February.

Last years recruiting class was 24. We also had a few transfers and walk ons last year. This year with the recruiting class approaching 30, Walkons now at 21 plus Darian Daniels. I do not remember how many walkons we had last year. Overall we have got to be pushing 90 new guys since Frost came aboard.

Last year we had a walk-on class of 22 (Noah McCashland was also added during a try out for a total of 23 true freshman walk-ons last year). Brian Perez and Nick Virka were also added during that try out. Lane McCallum, Corbin Ruth, and Alec Cromer were added via transfer. Cromer has since been removed from the roster though.

Think they were saying the number was in the 50s BEFORE any 2019 additions...so yes, big number.

About to go over 100 in a few days. In less than 13 months he’s remade this football team. The walk on program is going to be the difference because they will push starters and eventually build the depth needed to complete for the Big Ten title. When you look at the 500 mile recruiting base compared to Michigan, MSU, OSU, Penn State and even Northwestern it unreal. And then look at Texas, Alabama, Auburn,Florida, Florida State and others it’s mind boggling.
The fan base will soon be back to expecting to win instead of hoping to win or even not beings embarassed on national television.

Does anyone else feel like sometimes reporters come to HMax to get ideas for their articles? This is about the 9th or 10th time I have noticed that like a day or two after someone starts a thread on HMax. Suddenly someone writes a story about it.

It happens too often to just be coincidence. It's been happening for years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back