• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whatever became of Keyshawn Johnson Jr?

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
KJ Jr. was among the most heralded signees of the last decade in Husker Nation. I know he left the Nebraska program and transferred to Arizona, but I don't believe he ever actually joined the team there. I google'd KJ Jr. and can't seem to come up with anything.

What happened to KJ Jr.?

He's still not on AZ's roster. I'm guessing football got in the way of having fun.

KJ Jr. was among the most heralded signees of the last decade in Husker Nation. I know he left the Nebraska program and transferred to Arizona, but I don't believe he ever actually joined the team there. I google'd KJ Jr. and can't seem to come up with anything.

What happened to KJ Jr.?

Last I heard he was just a student there. No clue if that's still the case.

He still just a kid, living in his dads shadow unfortunately. His dad is a radio host of ESPN 710 here in LA, so he still has a big name here in Calif. Sad the kid is struggling to live up to that.

He was certainly a decent recruit but never close to being one of the most heralded unless you base that on the fact that he helped get other California kids interested in the Nebraska. He was larger than life because of his name not necessarily his abilities. Hope he finds what he’s looking for and there’s nothing wrong with just being a student. There’s got to be a ton of pressure on him.

I figured he'd moved on from NU, but apparently he felt the need to make a slight jab NU fanbase right before the spring game this year.

Yeah, I think the pressure some kids of NFL players face would be tough to live up to. Glad Kade is a WR and not a QB, like dad. That probably helped him.
I’m sure having a former NFL QB as your dad might help make you a better receiver, too...

GO BIG RED!!!

Yeah, I think the pressure some kids of NFL players face would be tough to live up to. Glad Kade is a WR and not a QB, like dad. That probably helped him.
Absolutely no comparison between Warner and Johnson. One is a hard worker without a scholarship and the other seems to be an entitled young man living on his high school reputation.

Peyton and Eli disagree.

And Brian Griese

And Andrew Luck

Actually, I think having a NFL QB father would give you a big advantage.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back