• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What was your first Huskers game?

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
Mine was at Arizona State in around September of 1990. I was in Phoenix for a convention and what do you know - there was a huskers game that Saturday night at Sun Devil!

They still had single tickets and I landed smack in the middle of a Huskers section in the upper corner. The people i sat with were so darn nice.

When I flew back to Texas I told my wife “Nebraska’s my team.”

1967 vs. Oklahoma

okla_programcover.jpg

Game of the century - TV
Wyoming vs. Huskers; 9/??/1983 - Attend (Memorial Stadium)
First game I really recall seeing the Huskers, and it's possible I saw other games, including the Game of the Century(I honestly can't recall, I was pretty young) but the first game I recall, and the game that has hooked me ever since on the Huskers, was Tom's first win over Switzer, we were living in Oklahoma at the time and I simply fell in love with those Red and White Uni's and beating OU just solidified it for me.

Nebraska at Army '72

I was at that ASU game also, WTH. You didn't sit near me, or you would be posting on Sun Devil boards instead. It was '91 and I was driving from Seattle to Houston. Took a little detour to see the game. Remember it being a somewhat poorly played game, but we won.

Sept 19, 1981 #9 Florida St. W 34-14

Iowa
#9 FSU
#3 PsU
Auburn

No cupcakes in that pre-conference schedule.

Nebraska/Ore 1985. Growing up we could not afford to go. I came home on leave prior to going overseas. My brother in law was a union rep for the Union Pacific in North platte. He got 2 tickets for my Dad and I. It was so different then as compared to now. Back then there used to be houses near the stadium and they would charge 5 bucks a car for you to park on their lawn.

The game was cool and obviously at that time Oregon was garbage on the field. They had like 10 fans at the game way up in the corner of the endzone. The green and yellow really stood out against the red.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back