• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What is your most versatile veggie?

HUSKER HOT SAUCE

Be Yourself - Everyone Else Is Already Taken
10 Year Member
For me, I am finding that radishes are culinary super stars. They can, of course, be used as a garnish, cut in a decoration or not. However, I find I have been using them in salads, all kinds of taco creations, burrito's included, and as cold raw, heated, cooked, sauteed, etc. etc. in all kinds of dishes. Hopefully, this doesn't get out, as a group of radish is only .99 cents usually.

I just made a red slaw, with red iceberg lettuce, and red cabbage. I did however, use a half white onion v a red onion. Carrots, a dash of pepper and garlic, round out the deal(not including the coleslaw dressing). Gonna do pork country style ribs tomorrow with the marinating slaw. BBQ is gonna be courtesy of, Kinders, California Gold..... :thumbsup::nod:

I will admit bacon is the god of bbq but definition of a vegetable is any plant part consumed for food that is not a fruit or seed, but including mature fruits that are eaten as part of a main meal".[6][7] Falling outside these definitions are edible fungi (such as mushrooms) and edible seaweed which, although not parts of plants, are often treated as vegetables.

Bottom line the onion is king of vegetables

Funny you mention the best of the best, but, I once tried to wrap as many types of edible eatables as possible with bacon, and to my surprise and delight, they were all damn good. I did bacon wrapped radishes about a year ago, YUM! I did bacon wrapped potato's, YUM! Bacon wrapped Jalepeno, cheese(English Red Cheddar), hard boiled eggs, and well, I could keep going, but I've just made myself freaking hungry..... As far as the eggs go, I may of had a slight* buzz, and had 4 boiled eggs in the fridge, and some Applewood smoked bacon, I wrapped the eggs up, put them in my toaster oven, and broiled them suckers. YUM!

*Huge

I will admit bacon is the god of bbq but definition of a vegetable is any plant part consumed for food that is not a fruit or seed, but including mature fruits that are eaten as part of a main meal".[6][7] Falling outside these definitions are edible fungi (such as mushrooms) and edible seaweed which, although not parts of plants, are often treated as vegetables.

Bottom line the onion is king of vegetables
I missed this, initially. I absolutely cannot argue with your assessment. @huskrthill may not agree, though...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back