• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What happened to the San Diego area?

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
We used to get some good players out of Sandiego County Particularly the Avocado league. The Bookers, Tony Fonoti. We have not had a recruit from there recently. The last i can remember was Enunwa. (before people correct me I know fonoti graduated in HI but we started recruiting him out of El Camino HS in Oceanside. He moved to HI his senior year) Also Enunwas HS is kind of on the border but over the years they played a lot of SD schools.

Anyway no real recruits from their lately.

I guess it is a 'pick your poison' so to speak, 50 states 25 or so scholarships so someone will be left out. Coaches are most 'East' coast connected so there is that.

We used to get some good players out of Sandiego County Particularly the Avocado league. The Bookers, Tony Fonoti. We have not had a recruit from there recently. The last i can remember was Enunwa. (before people correct me I know fonoti graduated in HI but we started recruiting him out of El Camino HS in Oceanside. He moved to HI his senior year) Also Enunwas HS is kind of on the border but over the years they played a lot of SD schools.

Anyway no real recruits from their lately.

Greg Bell is from here. Of course he is no longer with the team.

C

I have to admit, I was about to turn on CNN myself to see if some disaster had befallen SD. Earthquake or giant radioactive lizard or something.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back