• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What away games have you been to?

Pittsburgh (with the rivers flooding)

It really was surreal seeing (very) expensive boats floating past the stadium still moored to the docks that had broken off wherever they came from! We were sitting pretty high in the upper level so we had a pretty good view of all the flooding.

It was quite a trip. Closest hotel we could get was in Williamsport where they hold the little league world series every year. I had never seen a stadium parking lot in a cow pasture before (it really was, roped off and everything, where we had to park). When Nebraska was starting to get hammered, the place felt like it was going to collapse- I believe at that time they hadn't had more than a handful of night games there, it was crazy and probably the loudest game I've been to. We were sitting near the very top of the stadium in the endzone and I was worried the whole night it would crumble lol. Felt like several earthquakes throughout the game.

Never had a good feeling about that game right from the pre-game warmups, was definitely a pre-NC Miami/FSU game type vibe, like get ready for the dismantling. Then walking out of the stadium we were harassed big time, but it was interesting, all the comments and people getting in our faces were not from students, but town "folk". Usually the other way around (and not nearly as threatening) all the other games I've gone to. I really lost a lot of respect for that fan base that night. We went to a Hooters near campus after the game and all the students there were actually very respectful to us in red. The townies- not so much. It was almost as if the students didn't really care about the win but the townies were crazed. I honestly think the only thing that saved our asses was me wearing my Steelers hat after the game.

I would probably not go back there for a game.
I live 2 1/2 hours from the campus and have been there 3 times ...all Penn State loses I am happy to say Huskers wins. I hate the place.

1991 Kansas
1994 Kickoff Classic vs West Virginia
1994 K-State
1994 Iowa State
1994 Oklahoma
1996 Big 12 Championship game @ St. Louis vs. Texas
1997 Kansas
1997 Big 12 Championship game @ San Antonio vs. Texas A&M
1999 Missouri
1999 Kansas
1999 Colorado
2001 Colorado (worst game experience EVER)
2004 Pittsburgh
2007 Wake Forest
2009 Virginia Tech
2010 Washington
2018 Michigan

It was quite a trip. Closest hotel we could get was in Williamsport where they hold the little league world series every year. I had never seen a stadium parking lot in a cow pasture before (it really was, roped off and everything, where we had to park). When Nebraska was starting to get hammered, the place felt like it was going to collapse- I believe at that time they hadn't had more than a handful of night games there, it was crazy and probably the loudest game I've been to. We were sitting near the very top of the stadium in the endzone and I was worried the whole night it would crumble lol. Felt like several earthquakes throughout the game.

Never had a good feeling about that game right from the pre-game warmups, was definitely a pre-NC Miami/FSU game type vibe, like get ready for the dismantling. Then walking out of the stadium we were harassed big time, but it was interesting, all the comments and people getting in our faces were not from students, but town "folk". Usually the other way around (and not nearly as threatening) all the other games I've gone to. I really lost a lot of respect for that fan base that night. We went to a Hooters near campus after the game and all the students there were actually very respectful to us in red. The townies- not so much. It was almost as if the students didn't really care about the win but the townies were crazed. I honestly think the only thing that saved our asses was me wearing my Steelers hat after the game.

Except for the, "loudest game I've been to" part, and the "NC vibe" part....you could be describing ScuM fans.

Disgusting representatives of humanity.

I've only been to 2 Husker games away from memorial stadium, although neither were true road games.
2006 Big 12 title game - sat near the very top at arrowhead and nearly froze to death as Callahan played "try to keep the loss respectable" rather than playing to win.
2010 Holiday Bowl - Flat Husker team that looked like no one wanted to be there playing Washington again.
Both games were not competitive so that was disappointing.

Kansas and K-State mostly in the 70's and 80's with a trip to the 1974 Cotton Bowl (after 1973 season). To this day, home or away, I have never seen a Husker loss in person! Helps that I live in Tennessee and don't get to see them play close by but even the recent Music City Bowl game I had a doctor appointment and couldn't reschedule, so missed that loss.

All of the old Big 8 stadiums for starters, plus road games at Iowa, Illinois, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Texas and Baylor.

Bowl games have been limited, but interesting. '85 and '87 Sugar Bowls against LSU, '92 Orange Bowl against Miami (bad day) and '00 Alamo Bowl against Northwestern.

My roadies have been limited since having two kids. Now that they're old enough and interested in traveling, it'll ramp back up.

I've only been to 2 Husker games away from memorial stadium, although neither were true road games.
2006 Big 12 title game - sat near the very top at arrowhead and nearly froze to death as Callahan played "try to keep the loss respectable" rather than playing to win.
2010 Holiday Bowl - Flat Husker team that looked like no one wanted to be there playing Washington again.
Both games were not competitive so that was disappointing.

Still compare all cold games to that experience at Arrowhead, and nothing has come close. I’ve never stood and/or sat on pure ice for 3+ hrs before. Our hand and boot warmers failed us by the second quarter!

The worst places I've been treated on my road trips were Iowa State, Penn State, and Colorado in that order.

I'm inclined to not go back because of been there, done that, but never because of their behavior. They want to intimidate us into not going back.

I was there in 13 when we beat them in OT, I rode to the game on a big bus full of nothing but PSU fans. My two sons were with me 10&13 at the time, we drove up to Pa. from NC with a friend and his son to visit his parents and go to the game, they were PSU season ticket holders. It was about a 3 hr ride to the game from my friends house, we had our Husker gear on and got razzed the entire trip. Let me just say the trip home was absolutely the most gratifying 3 hrs of my life.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back