• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What away games have you been to?

Living in upstate NY, "away" games are pretty much any games for me lol, so...

Kansas 1991 (high school friend attended KU, KU was up 17-0 in the first quarter lol)
Orange Bowl 1992 season (smoked by FSU)
Michigan State 1995 (easy drive to Giants Stadium)
Notre Dame 2000 (Best away game experience I've had)
Penn State 2002 (worst experience of my adult life, if not for my Steelers hat and my friend being a cop, may have been fatal)
Pitt 2004 (was watching boats still docked float by the stadium after a hurricane)
Wake Forest 2007 (nicest away fans I've been around, tiniest stadium)
And I count 2010 Idaho because that was the furthest we actually traveled for a game lol

That's all I can remember, I'm getting old and I think I May be starting to get CTE...

Missouri early 80's
Several at KSU and KU in 80's
2007 Wake Forest
2012 Capital One Bowl vs So Carolina

Only 2, though 1 was a bowl game, when we beat Tennessee 31-21 in the Fiesta Bowl. The 1 "true" away game I went to was when we beat Northwestern, 29-28. Beautiful but absolutely tiny stadium.

Iowa, Iowa State, Capital One Bowl, Gator Bowl, Michigan. I wish I had moved down to South Florida earlier to see them in the Orange Bowl. Merry Christmas everyone!

Living in upstate NY, "away" games are pretty much any games for me lol, so...

Kansas 1991 (high school friend attended KU, KU was up 17-0 in the first quarter lol)
Orange Bowl 1992 season (smoked by FSU)
Michigan State 1995 (easy drive to Giants Stadium)
Notre Dame 2000 (Best away game experience I've had)
Penn State 2002 (worst experience of my adult life, if not for my Steelers hat and my friend being a cop, may have been fatal)
Pitt 2004 (was watching boats still docked float by the stadium after a hurricane)
Wake Forest 2007 (nicest away fans I've been around, tiniest stadium)
And I count 2010 Idaho because that was the furthest we actually traveled for a game lol

That's all I can remember, I'm getting old and I think I May be starting to get CTE...
2002 Penn State had to be absolutely brutal.Made three trips to Unhappy Valley and Huskers won all three I am so happy I chose not to go to that one.

Penn State 3 times
Wake Forest ( bought their season ticket)
Kansas State
Virginia Tech ( great fans)
Purdue
Michigan State twice ( nice fans)
Northwestern
Pittsburgh ( a young man I used to teach played for Pitt...saw me in my Husker gear and laughed..said I knew you’d be here)
Gator Bowl
Capital one Bowl

1975 Fiesta Bowl (Arizona St)
1985 Fiesta Bowl (Michigan)
Mizzou 2x
KU
Colorado
KSt 2x
UCLA 3x
So Cal
Penn State 3x (2002 was the worst crowd experience of my life)
Iowa 2x
Rutgers
Virginia Tech
Pittsburgh (with the rivers flooding)

Last edited:
I've been to 61 games away from Memorial Stadium in Lincoln

Cotton Bowl
K State 3 times
Iowa State 4 times
Mizzou two times
Colorado 4 times
Kansas 4 times
Oklahoma 5 times
Iowa 3 times
Minnesota 3 times
Arizona St 3 times
Fiesta Bowl
Big 12 Championship 4 times
Orange Bowl
Washington
Baylor
Ok St both in Stillwater and KC
TAMU 4 times
Texas
Notre Dame
Rose Bowl
Penn St
Wake Forest
Holiday Bowl
Tex Tech
Ohio St
Wisc
Purdue
Michigan
Northwestern
Miami
Rutgers
Indiana

I hope to get to two or three in 2019

I went broke just reading the list

Yep, broke. And today I just made my 2019 football contribution, so I'm even broker!

And I was at that 2002 Penn State game, and ever since then I have had an intense dislike for Pedofile State U.. I always root, ALWAYS, root for them to lose in any sport.

Last edited:
Every game for me is an away game since I’m coming from NC.
01 vs OU in Lincoln(only home game I’ve been to)
04 vs Pitt
07 vs Wake Forest
09 Gator bowl
12 vs OSU
13 vs Penn State
I’m 5-1.
And I’m going to Maryland this coming season.

Last edited:

Illinois - 17 W
Illinois-15 L
Oklahoma -93ish W
Kansas City Big 12 championship 99? L

Most all home games from 97-01 and a few before and after that window as well.

Last edited:
Kansas State (W) Mickey Joseph
Michigan State 2x (W and L) Taylor M
Michigan (W) Tommy Armstrong
Northwest 2x (2 W) Taylor M
Illinois (L) MIke Riley disaster.

2002 Penn State had to be absolutely brutal.Made three trips to Unhappy Valley and Huskers won all three I am so happy I chose not to go to that one.

It was quite a trip. Closest hotel we could get was in Williamsport where they hold the little league world series every year. I had never seen a stadium parking lot in a cow pasture before (it really was, roped off and everything, where we had to park). When Nebraska was starting to get hammered, the place felt like it was going to collapse- I believe at that time they hadn't had more than a handful of night games there, it was crazy and probably the loudest game I've been to. We were sitting near the very top of the stadium in the endzone and I was worried the whole night it would crumble lol. Felt like several earthquakes throughout the game.

Never had a good feeling about that game right from the pre-game warmups, was definitely a pre-NC Miami/FSU game type vibe, like get ready for the dismantling. Then walking out of the stadium we were harassed big time, but it was interesting, all the comments and people getting in our faces were not from students, but town "folk". Usually the other way around (and not nearly as threatening) all the other games I've gone to. I really lost a lot of respect for that fan base that night. We went to a Hooters near campus after the game and all the students there were actually very respectful to us in red. The townies- not so much. It was almost as if the students didn't really care about the win but the townies were crazed. I honestly think the only thing that saved our asses was me wearing my Steelers hat after the game.

I would probably not go back there for a game.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back