• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What are your town’s links to Husker lore?

I grew up in Cozad:
Dean Sukup - all Big Eight kicker
Chris Dishman
Brendan Holbein
Jared Crick
More recently: Dreu Young, Conor Young
Many walkons
Jay Terry long time equipment manager

I did, however, spend quite a bit of time, particularly around the holidays, visiting my grandma in my mom's hometown, a small town in central Nebraska you may have heard of: Wood River. There was a pretty successful QB from there, and a coach who will hopefully also have lots of success.

I did, however, spend quite a bit of time, particularly around the holidays, visiting my grandma in my mom's hometown, a small town in central Nebraska you may have heard of: Wood River. There was a pretty successful QB from there, and a coach who will hopefully also have lots of success.
Didn't they also have an assistant football coach who was a former Husker track star and went to the Olympics in the discus?

Didn't they also have an assistant football coach who was a former Husker track star and went to the Olympics in the discus?

Yes, they did, but not as many people know about her, and she wasn't originally from there. She married into the place. Additionally, my mom didn't go to school with her. She only went to school with the football coach who married an Olympian and had a son who went on to garner a bit of Husker fame.

Yes, they did, but not as many people know about her, and she wasn't originally from there. She married into the place. Additionally, my mom didn't go to school with her. She only went to school with the football coach who married an Olympian and had a son who went on to garner a bit of Husker fame.
And Larry was also a Husker! Didn't he precede Johnny the Jet at the WB position?

How cool is that...your mom and Scott's mom went to different schools together. :nod:

Dang, didn’t even notice. I blocked that memory immediately, so that my explain why I didn’t notice.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back