• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"Well, I dont call the defense"

Maybe I need to revise my prediction that Chinander is Frost's version of Cosgrove.

Second of all, Frost is the HC. Ultimately, he's responsible for everything in the program on and off the field. I love Frost, but I think he's made multiple comments to the media that illustrate he's got some growing up to do as a head coach. Unless you've actively got a plan to relieve the DC of his job pretty quickly, you just don't say this.

I don't think he said it as a dodge or a slam. It was in response to a question of would you change any call of defensive scheme on the 99 yd NW drive. He did say it with a little bit of a chip on the shoulder attitude. What I was more surprised at in watching the presser again is that he didn't attribute any mistakes to the coaching staff. Everything was a matter of not making a play, not covering a route, not rushing the passer, the bad snap in OT, and of course the penalties. All on the players. Hard not to agree with all of those points but to not say that some play calls or schemes could have been better is denial.

I don't think he said it as a dodge or a slam. It was in response to a question of would you change any call of defensive scheme on the 99 yd NW drive. He did say it with a little bit of a chip on the shoulder attitude. What I was more surprised at in watching the presser again is that he didn't attribute any mistakes to the coaching staff. Everything was a matter of not making a play, not covering a route, not rushing the passer, the bad snap in OT, and of course the penalties. All on the players. Hard not to agree with all of those points but to not say that some play calls or schemes could have been better is denial.

Generally, I completely agree. I'm not entirely sure why SF isn't falling on his sword publicly. Every coach believes in his system. Many of them will fall on their own swords publicly simply because they don't want to accidentally alienate players who are already going through tough times because they're losing. Because it's the staff's first year, I think the possibility exists that the coaches have tried to do the (often necessarily harsh) critiques and coaching behind closed doors without the media around and certain players simply aren't listening. We've had a lot of players leave already because they weren't buying into Frost's messages, maybe there's still more to come.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back